Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  29
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hagerty Feedback??

Oh and before I'd even hung up the phone, email arrived with Liability slip info. Barely hung up and a customer service survey popped up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Oh and before I'd even hung up the phone, email arrived with Liability slip info. Barely hung up and a customer service survey popped up as well.
    My problem with them was cost. They are a heck of a lot more expensive then Zehr/Echelon. Not sure why.....

Hagery won't touch a car with a roll bar 4pt or 6pt in Canada but will in the US.

No grey area with them, roll bars are a no go.

Will Zehr do coverage with a roll bar? Thinking about putting one in my 17.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I have been researching this recently.
    I am currently with Echelon via Zehr and it is a no go, Zehr also represents Royal Sun and Alliance, they will cover with a roll bar. My rates will go down with RSA. Previously they wouldn’t write me with RSA when I first bought the car because I don’t have a DD in my name (provided a work vehicle). I still have a work vehicle, but since I have been with them for a number of years without issue they are going to write my policy with RSA.

MM 6 point roll bar with low slung bars and diagonal brace on order very soon now that this is sorted. Probably won’t install until the end of season as I won’t get any refund on my echelon policy for the remainder of the year (just paid the annual fee beginning of last month) and am required to get a new appraisal since it has been more than 3 years.
    Get a few small projects finished with the car, get the bar installed and get the final appraisal once all completed.

Thanks Gabe. Wonder if they would do newer stuff under that same type of policy. I'm in the same boat as far as not having a DD insured myself since I take a work demo.

I just want to use the Watson Engineering 4-point bar behind the seats, no door bars. Something proper to strap a harness to, and a bit of protection if I do put the car on its lid at Mosport.

I can’t comment on new vehicles. I had to push them a bit to research what my options were (would echelon write it, if they wouldn’t what were my options). I got told “no” a couple times, but they have a car on their website under featured vehicles with a cage so I pushed back with “who is this guy insured with”. I think I was moved over to a newer broker who didn’t know the answer and I was getting the short answer (she had no idea what a roll bar was).

FYI, I was never asked if I was putting in a 4 or 6 point. I wasn’t asked to confirm it wasn’t a 10 point cage