Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling fan replacement options?

Nghtrdr
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell6 View Post
    Nghtrdr I had the same issue not cooling well with a/c on. So I installed a mishimoto rad and made a huge improvement. Have you checked your resistor on the fan housing, that ended up being my problem. Was only getting low speed fan.
    A Mishimoto rad was on the to do list for the season and already ordered. I never noticed a resistor on the fan housing but i did blow the fan out last season when it was dying. It was full of carbon which leads me to believe the brushes are done. It does go into high speed though.
    I thought the speed was controlled by the CCM on our cars!?

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    Try Mustang Specialteaz in Georgetown for a used one.
    The wife and i had our first drive of the season and wound up there today after unwrapping the beast. Ordered a new motor (not assembly) and Mishimoto rad.

With AC selection off fan high and low are controlled by temperature settings.
    With AC selection on the low fan speed comes on for minimum cooling and the high come on if temperature high enough.
    I also have my computer temperature on and off settings set lower as well as cooler 180 thermostat and mishimoto radiator. I also converted over to a taurus fan that put out alot more air as I required more air flow because of engine modifications.

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph