Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  213
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TMC weekend Cruises

TMC weekend Cruises

Upon good advice, I am starting a new thread dedicated to anyone wanting to organize a weekend cruise.

With the current situation at hand it may prove challenging to have traditional car shows and events. However, it still lends itself well to going out cruising and enjoying a lot of great spots throughout Southern Ontario especially as end venues tend to have areas where we can park, chat and still spread out.

Here are some suggestions from my last post:

Drive up through Schomberg, Orangeville with final destination at Forks of the Credit
    Cruise to Blue Mountain resort in Collingwood or Wasaga Beach

Niagara on the Lake cruise....lots of nice cruise options can even pick a spot in Muskoka

Feel free to add suggestions for venue and we could plan it for the morning of Saturday May 30 or Sunday May 31 at 9:30am would work.

This is an open invitation for all TMCers, but please remember this is NOT a cannonball run, it’s intended as a leisurely cruise.

Please remember we need to pick a place that still allows us to physically space out with the current situation at hand.
    FABMAN

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Maybe the end of that^

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/05/...al-distancing/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Maybe the end of that^

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/05/...al-distancing/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was that the Financial Drive meet?

I am curious how they are calling it a “stunt driving party” when it looked like a bunch of parked cars? Media always has to sensationalize everything because of a few idiots!

Honestly, the leisurely way we cruise we are not breaking any laws. Plus we all abide by the rules and keep spread out. That is why all venues being suggested must end in larger areas that allow us to safely park and stay 6-feet apart.

Not sure how we would be bothered by police. All the cops that saw us that day had no issue with us at all.
    FABMAN

I think if you had a small group of under 10 cars cruising around not being dicks... you should be fine. They can't do anything if you aren't doing anything...

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

No that's a different plaza, near Britannia and Mavis. Maybe had too many cars & people in too small an area why the police attention was warranted.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Mustang Occasionally
    Cops are going after the scene under the guise of the emergency measures act. It’s not surprising really when you have guys doing donuts in the middle of a major Toronto intersections, guys going 300km/h on the highway and then guys going to the track and making a mess of that too.

Go for a nice cruise by yourself or two or three cars. But other than that for now, and people will be inviting trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Cops are going after the scene under the guise of the emergency measures act. It’s not surprising really when you have guys doing donuts in the middle of a major Toronto intersections, guys going 300km/h on the highway and then guys going to the track and making a mess of that too.

Go for a nice cruise by yourself or two or three cars. But other than that for now, and people will be inviting trouble.
    So sad, and one of the main reasons I am not an active member in some of the other Mustang clubs. I feel that they seem to condone or turn a blind eye this type of behaviour and that brings major heat on the rest of us.

It’s a shame as that Saturday cruise we did was a really good time and it was great to see some new and familiar faces (even if it was from 6+ feet away)
    FABMAN

Some of us look the best from 6' or more.
    Just sayin is all.

Nothing wrong with a nice cruise even if there is a bunch of cars, as long as everyone behaves of course.
    Just today myself and a bunch of friends from the Porsche club did the forks of the credit cruise, from there we went thru Hockley valley resort and then we headed up to Keswick and did the same lake cruise we all did last week
    Lots of cops on the road and we had zero issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Some of us look the best from 6' or more.
    Just sayin is all.
    Or 60 feet.