Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  213
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TMC weekend Cruises

Mustang Occasionally
    I was out twice today on popular twisties in my area. Everyone seemed to be driving very much aware of the increased police crackdowns. Although, oddly, I didn’t see even one OPP cruiser in my travels.

On my way home from ZR’s this afternoon I spotted three OPP cruisers, doing what I assume was radar enforcement, on the 407 between the 404 and the 427.

I wish I was as mellow as the rest of you. I still love my need for speed. Almost got I trouble today, it was a good reality check. Geared down 2 gears going west on 401 off of 400 and I gave it my all. I was alone not racing and let off right away only to see an OPP on my bumper. My heart sank and I thought for sure there goes my car and license. Cop scared the shit out of me then drive off. Scary shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

I was in Vaughan and North York and seen the same amount of police on the roads and highways as always.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    I wish I was as mellow as the rest of you. I still love my need for speed. Almost got I trouble today, it was a good reality check. Geared down 2 gears going west on 401 off of 400 and I gave it my all. I was alone not racing and let off right away only to see an OPP on my bumper. My heart sank and I thought for sure there goes my car and license. Cop scared the shit out of me then drive off. Scary shit.

Come to one of our road course lapping days, that will make you understand why its not even close to fun to hammer down on public streets (especially these days).

Too much can go wrong on public streets, and little to no upside is the reward. I generally only squeeze it from a dead stop and let off once I hit about 20 over and then shut it down and cruise. IMO, the fun is feeling the power off the lights and not carrying big speeds (which any modern vehicle can do these days anyway).
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    On my way home from ZR’s this afternoon I spotted three OPP cruisers, doing what I assume was radar enforcement, on the 407 between the 404 and the 427.
    How much were the tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Come to one of our road course lapping days, that will make you understand why its not even close to fun to hammer down on public streets (especially these days).

Too much can go wrong on public streets, and little to no upside is the reward. I generally only squeeze it from a dead stop and let off once I hit about 20 over and then shut it down and cruise. IMO, the fun is feeling the power off the lights and not carrying big speeds (which any modern vehicle can do these days anyway).
    This is exactly how I drove my boosted 06. I'd let the blower sing up to a 3 point ticket and then settled down and set the cruise control. Not one ticket in 7 years of ownership.

Unfortunately I wasn't much faster on track days. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post

Any vehicle these days will kill me on highway speeds. My cars a quarter mile car at best. But I will definitely come to a track day. See if I can tame the beast in the corners without murdering an innocent crowd lmao

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Any vehicle these days will kill me on highway speeds. My cars a quarter mile car at best. But I will definitely come to a track day. See if I can tame the beast in the corners without murdering an innocent crowd lmao

Once you get a taste of road course racing, it’s easy to get hooked
    FABMAN

They were doing radar at 8am on the 407 today. Dad and I were the only two vehicles on it...

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'