Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  213
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TMC weekend Cruises

Lots of radar on the 404 as we came back from Aurora an hour ago.

SlipperyVic
    I've seen more police presence on the 400 in the last 3 weeks then I have in the last 3 years combined.

I've been travelling the 400, 407, 401 and 404 highways all weekend and I didn't see any more cops then I would normally see.

Timing is everything I guess or are the only members posting the ones that see the cops, lol.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

We drove out to
    Port Perry today. fair amount of traffic, mostly moving quickly. I got several chances to hear 7000 RPM in my car while passing. It is a different, higher pitched sound than a V-8 Mustang, but just as addictive. No cops at all.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

I took 3 hour round trip cruise from port elgin to tobermory...I saw total 8 cops tucked away here and there...I think with current situation they more time to monitor they roads....

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Upon good advice, I am starting a new thread dedicated to anyone wanting to organize a weekend cruise.

With the current situation at hand it may prove challenging to have traditional car shows and events. However, it still lends itself well to going out cruising and enjoying a lot of great spots throughout Southern Ontario especially as end venues tend to have areas where we can park, chat and still spread out.

Here are some suggestions from my last post:

Drive up through Schomberg, Orangeville with final destination at Forks of the Credit
    Cruise to Blue Mountain resort in Collingwood or Wasaga Beach

Niagara on the Lake cruise....lots of nice cruise options can even pick a spot in Muskoka

Feel free to add suggestions for venue and we could plan it for the morning of Saturday May 30 or Sunday May 31 at 9:30am would work.

This is an open invitation for all TMCers, but please remember this is NOT a cannonball run, it’s intended as a leisurely cruise.

Please remember we need to pick a place that still allows us to physically space out with the current situation at hand.

I would be up for a cruise this Saturday, open to go anywhere but i would have to bail around noon.
    Blue mountain resort sounds amazing, lots of nice views and space for social distancing.
    Or the forks of the credit also sounds good, it's a quick cruise but really nice scenery.

Like the idea but may also face another challenge; finding an open washroom during a pit stop.

Or maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    I would be up for a cruise this Saturday, open to go anywhere but i would have to bail around noon.
    Blue mountain resort sounds amazing, lots of nice views and space for social distancing.
    Or the forks of the credit also sounds good, it's a quick cruise but really nice scenery.
    Saturday morning looks like a perfect day to go cruise up to Blue Mountain. Let’s use the same Vaughan meeting spot as last time in the outer Walmart parking lot at 9:00 am. It’s just west of the 400 on Major McKenzie before Weston Road. There is a Petro Canada at those lights that also sells 94. We can then cruise up to Blue Mountain, we can choose the more scenic route of 26 or we can go up 400 to ensure we are done earlier (both are actually nice).

To who ever would like to come, please confirm as we will keep the group smallish (7 cars or less) to avoid any issues with gathering.
    Last edited by FABMAN; 05-28-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    FABMAN

Hey Fab, Blue Mountain sounds good but i am not 100% sure i can make. I will confirm tomorrow.
    How many cars so far?

I just received word that the Woodward dream cruise is cancelled for 2020 due to Covid-19.
    Very sad day but I get it!