Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angry Neighbor Re: Mustang Exhaust

there's nothing more louder than a Harley Davidson with straight pipes roaring by at wot...even light throttle is way louder than any car I own......
    2003 Azure Mach 1.....with some bolt on's.....
    2003 Marauder.....with some bolt on's....
    2011 GT500......with some bolt on's.......
    82 GT, Coyote, build in play.......

Foxstang
    They're both wrong, one is more wrong than the other...

My 17 was loud (Borla S (or attack?) front to back) and at some point it made it hard to daily drive and I felt shame driving it around my block so I kept the RPMs near idle as much as I could whilst driving. I had to start it up near 5 am in the morning so I kept the garage door closed and was very careful driving it around my neighborhood. I spoke with a few neighbors and asked them if it was too much, they didn't mind though. But I've been followed by cops on many occasions and made the car less enjoyable to drive because everyone in a 5-mile radius knew what RPM I was shifting at lol I think a "loud" fair-weather "weekend" toy is acceptable for the most part as it shouldn't be too annoying (less so than someone mowing their lawn in theory).

If I would have kept my 2017 GT, I would have reverted to stock exhaust... But I made the right choice and kept my notch instead. My fox is loud (BBK long tube, Catted X-pipe, and Pypes M80 catback) but not as loud as the damn coyote (especially at start-up lol). My daily driver is now a basic black 4 banger Ranger, makes no noise other than the mechanical fan (WTF ford?), and draws no attention from anyone.

I think we should be conscious about the fact that us car guys are in the minority and the hobby will continue to decline. So loud polluting cars will end up being illegal in this country within 10 years for sure, probably sooner if people vote trudeau for another round. I think the least we can do is avoid to piss off "non-car-people". Just think, to a lot of people, our loud V8's are just as annoying as a fart pipe honda civic trying to go fast at 7000RPM...

Loud daily driver mustang guy who got his exhaust foamed up probably did more than just have a loud annoying car. He probably drove like an idiot that got more attention than needed, he clearly had no regard for other people. The dude that vandalized and threatened the mustang guy is another moron who can't think of potential consequences. Sometimes people are meant for each other in more ways than we think. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hotford View Post
    there's nothing more louder than a Harley Davidson with straight pipes roaring by at wot...even light throttle is way louder than any car I own......
    I live on College st and the way a Harley exhaust bounces off the buildings, echoing and amplifying it... SO LOUD...haha

Not sure how Harley's with straight pipes / no muffler what so ever continue to fall below the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Not sure how Harley's with straight pipes / no muffler what so ever continue to fall below the radar.
    I believe Oakville passed a by-law against straight pipe motorcycles a few years ago

I'll tell you, when you are out riding a bicycle (I ride on the street) and a jackass on a straightpiped Harley rides right up besides you before opening the throttle it is nearly as bad as a guy rolling coal on you

Oh I know that feeling all too well. Scares the crap out of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I'll tell you, when you are out riding a bicycle (I ride on the street) and a jackass on a straightpiped Harley rides right up besides you before opening the throttle it is nearly as bad as a guy rolling coal on you

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Followed a Harley-wanna-be to work this morning (it was some shaft drive unit) with straight pipes. On top of that he had some green led's on both sides of the rear wheel that overpowered the Loonie sized turn signals (which had some louvered lens caps on them that already made them hard to see)

Foxstang
    lOuD pIpEs SaVeS LiVeS