Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  103
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mach I confirmed

"It will be the most powerful naturally aspirated v8 ever produced and it's going to be a 5 Litre Coyote engine."

umm, who fact checks this shit? LOL

Also, what is a Mack 1?

doesn't look horrible... but was hoping it would look a little better

Mach 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Meh

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Now I can’t undo what I am hearing from Graham. “Mack 1”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    "It will be the most powerful naturally aspirated v8 ever produced and it's going to be a 5 Litre Coyote engine."

Also, what is a Mack 1?

doesn't look horrible... but was hoping it would look a little better

Mach 1.jpg

Ever produced... ? Ok Formula 1 V-8's were NA and they made around 750-800 hp. Cool. I'll forgo the Prostock V-8 at 1500 hp just because they were larger than the 5.0 ford so to keep it .fair I'll only use the tiny 2.4L V-8 F1 engine. LOL.

So the GT350 makes 526 hp, does that mean it will be more than that?

I think they were trying to say the most powerful naturally aspirated coyote 5.0 so far.

Question I have is whether it retains the wider front track of the gt350 by leveraging the gt500 front fenders?

Personally I like the car, and to be honest I like it much more than the Bullet. I assume the Mach will be priced around the same as a bullet but will likely be a more competent package especially with a choice of a proper Tremec manual or the 10 spd. Auto.

I would imagine the shaker kit is already in the works and Cervini will have a 71-73 style hood for them before you can imagine.
    FABMAN

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    From the Ford Media site:

DEARBORN, Mich., June 16, 2020 – After a 17-year hiatus, the all-new Mustang Mach 1 fastback coupe makes its world premiere – becoming the modern pinnacle of style, handling and 5.0-liter V-8 pony car performance.

“Bold styling, great acceleration and speed – Mach 1 says it all,” said Jim Farley, Ford’s chief operating officer. “This is one of those special Mustangs that truly brings a smile to the faces of our owners, enthusiasts and fans – including me – so there’s never been a better time to bring back Mach 1 and have it go global too.”

•480 horsepower limited-edition Mach 1 sets a new standard of 5.0-liter V8 track-ready performance in the Mustang lineup while celebrating original model’s aggressive aerodynamic and handling enhancements

•Six-speed manual transmission from Ford Performance and an available 10-speed automatic transmission provides capability on and off the track; available Handling Package delivers even more on-track

•Exterior styling cues include a new front fascia and grilles for both improved cooling and aerodynamics; low-gloss magnetic and black accents as well as hood and side-body stripes with reflective surfaces celebrate Mach 1 heritage dating back more than five decades.

More details here:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...-v8-style.html

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Looks very sharp in blue with the optional wheels:

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

This is a Mach 1 I can get into. Unfortunately it looks like a photoshopped GT350.

This Mach 1 is just some stickers on a GT. Not interested at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post

Mustang Occasionally
    Big bucks for the 2021 Mach I...

2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1's Handling Package Will Be Offered With an Automatic Due to Strong Demand

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37145/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1s-handling-package-will-be-offered-with-an-automatic-due-to-strong-demand

News of the Ford Mustang Mach 1's comeback was music to some enthusiasts' ears but dismay to others'. Sure, the Mach 1's optional handling package makes it an acceptable stand-in for the Shelby GT350 it's replacing, but being available only with a manual transmission meant it wouldn't be an experience accessible to everyone. An antithesis to the Mustang's power-for-pennies ethos. Now, it turns out Ford listened to outcries of the Mustang community and announced today that it will offer the Mach 1's handling package with both the manual and automatic transmissions.
    Indeed, the ultimate 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 will be available with both the six-speed Tremec 3160 manual—borrowed from the outgoing GT350—and its more approachable alternative, the 10-speed automatic. With this box ticked, drivers less proud of their footwork will be able to probe the limits of the Handling Package, which stiffens up the Mustang at every point between the driver and tarmac.

A brake booster sourced from the Mustang GT Performance Pack 2, recalibrated power steering, and a strengthened steering column remove slop from driver inputs, while stiffened springs and sway bars plus altered Magneride tuning make the Mach 1 more manageable at the edge of adhesion.
    Unique 19-inch aluminum wheels get wrapped in more than foot-wide Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, whose camber is adjustable through the strut tops and whose traction is enhanced by aero borrowed from the Shelby GT500. Similarly derived from the Shelby are a host of heat exchangers on the rear axle, transmission, and engine, which itself is a Mustang Bullitt-spec, 480-horsepower 5.0-liter Coyote V8.
    These last few goodies, however, are standard to all Mach 1s, which will start at $51,720 for base models. Adding the Handling Package will run an additional $3,500 and the 10-speed automatic an extra $1,595. The manual is a no-cost default. Order banks for the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 open in January, and deliveries are promised in the Spring of 2021.