Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  42
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter tire shopping Bridgestone or Continental for 13 GT

You hit it ED, 235/65/18 is a dead ringer in size , now to find some 6 bolt steelies that fit !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

When I look on the Fastco site (they do a lot of steel wheels as well as their alloys), they don't have a steel in any size for this application. A quick look Tire Rack in the USA gives the same result, so it may be that a wheel in the correct size, offset, and hub bore doesn't exist in the 6-bolt fitment yet. You may have to put winters on your factory wheels, or go for a low cost 18" alloy wheel package.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

OK, Thanks for the info ~ YIKES ! that's why the $$$$$ are so high ! & of course back to 20" rubber
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

6 bolt wheels shouldn’t be hard to find.

Found the Touren wheels I want at canadawheels for $550 for 4. Not bad for 18x8.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

I have had blizzaks on my Fusion for 3 years and they where awesome. Good grip and low noise. I have sailuns on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and they are crap. Haven’t liked them since new. Little bit more noise but traction isn’t that great.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Well I definitely have to buy new winter tires as I just sold my 11-14 GT Brembo wheels with Blizzaks to a guy with a 2020 GT PP. the 19x9 and 255/40 tires were too wide and I wasn’t happy with the performance. Time for some 18s and narrower tires.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1524895019

What are your thoughts? Price includes taxes but installation is extra, which is fine as I’d have them installed elsewhere and when it gets colder. I sent them a message asking if the prices already include the rebate or if it’s the price + $60 then get the $60 back from the rebate.

Thinking I might go 225/55/18. A little narrower and a little taller. If I’m doing 60kmh I’d be doing 61.4kmh with that size so not a huge difference. Much cheaper too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I have had blizzaks on my Fusion for 3 years and they where awesome. Good grip and low noise. I have sailuns on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and they are crap. Haven’t liked them since new. Little bit more noise but traction isn’t that great.
    Oddly enough,opposite review on Sailuns here. This will be third winter with them on Kath's HHR. Price point tire that feel and drive more like a good all season (especially for a snow tire), are virtually silent and have done a top notch job in the snotty weather. Add to that, are wearing very well and to us they've been a home run.

225/55R18 is definitely a good size for an S197 or S550 where you have to run 18s.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

That deal from Tire Discounters Richmond Hill is legit. Paid $760 taxes included for the Vikingcontact 7. Installation extra. Also the mail in rebate of $60 deducts from that price. So in the end it’ll be $700. The rebate starts October 1st so they’ll send me a new invoice showing that I purchased when the rebate starts. The girl at the front counter was super friendly. When I went to put the tires in the backseat of the Accord, the mechanics put the tires in bags for me so they wouldn’t dirty the seats. Quite honestly one of the best experiences I’ve had at a wheel shop.