Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter tire shopping Bridgestone or Continental for 13 GT

I had Conti Winter Contacts on the 18 GT for the last two years and they were really good on the stock 18's.
    This year I am trying Nokians on the Camaro to see if they are as incredible as their reviews say.
    I would definitely buy Conti's again in the future though.
    23 M240ix (daily) & modified 99 C5

First experience with Hakas was on my Dad's Marquis. The road he lived on had a substantial hill with a 90deg corner at the bottom which left no chance at a good run at it. Previous decent snows made it a grind n spin to get out when things got shitty to car walked up the hill with relative ease on the Nokians. Trust me, was a big deal to get him to spend that much on snows but after the first couple times in the snow, he never regretted it. Yes some of the knock offs are pretty darn good but if your looking for an over achieving snow tire, simply can not go wrong with them. In the same breath, I cringe at how poorly some of the high rated snows out there actually perform.

Blizzaks or X-Ice or Sottozero. I have experience with all 3 and they are all good
    '20 Raptor S/CREW | '15 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by JonsMustang View Post
    Looks like ALTIMAX ARCTIC 12 only goes up to 18in

I have 19's and running brembo's.
    You can fit 18s with the Brembos. Drag Wheels have a few wheels that fit. Did some research for 18s with Brembos as I want to put Brembos on my 14 V6 but didn’t want to keep the 19” Brembo wheels for the winter.

Also found that some of the Touren wheels work too. When looking for 18s that fit over the 4 piston Brembos, look up Boss 302 or 07-12 GT500. They have the same 4 piston Brembos as some sites don’t factor in that the GT has Brembos. Touren wheels aren’t even expensive either.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

I just looked at the stats for the Vikingcontact 7. Really impressive based on the Tire Rack testing. Pricing is less than the WS90 based on a 235/50/18 size.

Looking at the prices the WS90 is the most expensive while if you go with the DM-V2 in the same size, it’ll be around the same price as the Vikingcontact 7. The DM-V2 is comparable to the WS90 but is meant for a SUV/Truck.

If you really want to go for the WS90 you can go 215/55/18 which is around the same size as 235/50/18 and at that size it’ll be priced around the Vikingcontact 7 and DM-V2.

Once I get the Brembos on next year I’ll be switching to 18s for the winter. The Touren TR76 is a nice looking wheel which according to Touren fit over the Brembos. I’ll also buy a 5th Touren wheel, probably the TR9, to use as a spare wheel. Will mount a skinnier cheap all season tire on it and replace it with the dummy wheel that won’t go over the Brembos.

Been lookin for some snows for the caddy, 235/55/20, wanted altimax but they don't come in that size

would like to source some 20" steelies & TPS to go with em, so far everyone wants to sell ,me some fancy rims cause its a caddy, but they forget there is a CHEEP old guy buying them !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

You couldn’t go with something smaller? The DM-V2 come in your size.

Yes should be able to downsize to 18" wheels with 235/65R18 likely, tires will be much cheaper. If anyone makes 20" steelies they would be extremely heavy.

What is the year and model Glen? I can check to see what will fit for a downsize on it.
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Thanks ED, its a XT6 ~ AWD Sport she is also a 6 bolt !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile