Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,514
Page 62 of 163 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang and Parts Finds...

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Only worth what someone is willing to pay. With the high cost to rebuild a 4v, someone better think long n hard before slapping the cha ching down.
    Exactly why the price is ridiculous. How much does a 4v rebuild cost anyways? 10k ?

I like the title...he wants you to read...and do math

Depending on any damage beyond what rebuild would cover, start closer to 5k plus in and out n small parts. Cool part, his to ask whatever he wants regardless of what others think. Similar to conversation I had with someone last year on 03/04 Cobra value. The party felt no one in their right mind would pay over 20k max for a minty fresh one when in reality your closer to high mileage territory for that kinda money. Still going back n forth if I'm down for a new GT or keeping mine but pricing will be closer to double that number.

Salvage title is a value killer, couple that with suspect history and inability to test drive leaves me feeling that car is about overpriced by 4-5000 considering thats maybe a 8-9k car when finished. No value there at ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Its worth 6k tops if the car has been repaired right and clean rust wize. Salvage + knocking = loss in value

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Depending on any damage beyond what rebuild would cover, start closer to 5k plus in and out n small parts. Cool part, his to ask whatever he wants regardless of what others think. Similar to conversation I had with someone last year on 03/04 Cobra value. The party felt no one in their right mind would pay over 20k max for a minty fresh one when in reality your closer to high mileage territory for that kinda money. Still going back n forth if I'm down for a new GT or keeping mine but pricing will be closer to double that number.
    GT got nothing on your cobra. Bet you if it had the new gt interior you woulda never considered a trade 😂

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

No that would be a deal breaker, love the New Edge interior. Entire New Edge car is a perfect combination of the no borders hooker you'd spend the weekend locked in a room with n the librarian you'd take home to meet yer mom.

Couldn't agree more about the New Edge interior ZR. Honestly back in 06-07 when I was ditching my F-Body for a New Edge everyone though I was crazy for using the interior as a major rationale. Couldn't stand the driving position, control layout and overall look and feel of my F-Body, got in one New Edge and was like "shit, I'm sold". Even to this day I get in the interior of that car and it just feels "right", tight enough for a driver centric no waste feel and large enough to spend long hours in without becoming claustrophobic.

To this day despite all the god forsaken headaches this car has/is causing me every time I get in that interior I go "oh ya" which is something very few other cars have been able to do.

Could not agree more, have even done some decent long trips in both my former '00GT and the Cobra. No doubt the Recaro's help huge but the interior itself is an absolute win in my eyes. I also enjoy pulling into a meet n having a ride that is not like the bulk of whats there.

I think people are sleeping on New Edge values (for a good non salvage car). These in my eyes were the last Mustang before they had to get way big due to crash/safety standards. Not diminishing the S197 and beyond, those cars were quantum leaps forward in terms of factory ride quality, space, convenience, and with the 5.0 huuuuuuge jumps in power, but lost some simplicity.