Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a new commuter car. Focus/civic/Mazda 3. If you have one of these pls comment!

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    I was going to comment about the rust issues. Wondered if they got better in later years, because they definitely had some issues judging by how many I saw driving around with early rust. I guess budgeting for an annual or bi-annual rust control application from your favorite provider would be a good idea....as extra insurance.
    I think it’s gotten better.

Rusting issues was a big concern of mine as well prior to buying new back in 2009. So far wife’s 2010 Mazda 3 has held up pretty well- we do get it treated every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    I think it’s gotten better.

Rusting issues was a big concern of mine as well prior to buying new back in 2009. So far wife’s 2010 Mazda 3 has held up pretty well- we do get it treated every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good! Wish I could say the same for my 09 Focus. Car has been solid mechanically, but the area below each of the doors is literally rotting thru...and I've seen it on a number of the Focus' with the same body style (08-11).

any mini pre 2015 was a mishmash of what ever parts they could find lots of random issues.

2015 was when bmw took over.