Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a new commuter car. Focus/civic/Mazda 3. If you have one of these pls comment!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Mazda seems to be a decent choice.

I’ve always preferred something different as well as entertaining to drive

Absolutely love our 2016 Mini Cooper s
    Always dealer serviced. Just over 100k and never anything but oil changes.

Was a bit more than some of the others but puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
    I do love those cars as well! I almost bought a cooper S years ago. So much fun to drive but premium fill ups don’t really go with the economical aspect
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

True.

Don’t think I have ever needed more than 45 for a fill

Averages around 7L/100k.

Way better than the truck though. Lol

We bought a 2019 Fusion Hybrid from Heritage in January. It was a daily rental with 18,000 km, but came with an additional full 60,000 km warranty. It is loaded with every option including adaptive cruise, heated and cooled leather seats, and a sunroof. We paid $24,200, reduced from a factory list of $41,000.
    We average 6l/100km, or around 45-48 mpg.
    In last weeks Toronto Sun, several ford dealers still had some, including Heritage, I think.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

I was going to suggest a Fusion as well but Dan is looking for a hatchback. It's too bad that Americans are so averse to that body style, otherwise Ford might have sold the hatchback and wagon versions of the Fusion (Mondeo in Europe) over here.
    Last edited by fast Ed; 06-29-2020 at 11:26 AM. Reason: grammar
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    I was going to suggest a Fusion as well but Dan is looking for a hatchback. It's too bad that Americans are so averse to that body style, other Ford might have sold the hatchback and wagon versions of the Fusion (Mondeo in Europe) over here.
    With the Fusion size I don’t need at hatchback. My Fusion has been a great car and I really like the size. I just want something better on fuel. I was looking at Fusion hybrids before (and had a 2019 as a rental) but I’m a bit hesitant to own it far out of warranty because of the hybrid. Plus I would like to keep purchase price around $12k. I don’t like to put a lot of money into a daily because it getting wrecked driving on the highway back and forth to Toronto everyday and rack up the kms quickly
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

What about a Chevy Cruise or Impala?

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Owned a 2013 Mazda 3 for about a year, very reliable and great on fuel from what I can remember I averaged 6L/100. Then traded it in for a 2018 Mazda CX5 which has also been great zero issues.
    2024 VW MK8R - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed
    2004 SVT Cobra - Sold
    2004 SVT Lightning - Sold

I'd go Mazda 3, probably the most enjoyable to drive of the bunch. I'd only hesitate because Mazda's still seem to rust quicker than others. I'd also highly consider an Elantra wagon. There has been a few Elantras in my family and all have been good cars. Other option is a matrix. Not exciting but solid cars with good fuel economy.

I'd go for the Mazda 3 as well. Personally love the hatchback. Earlier models had rust issues that seemed to get better in the later models. You didn't mention if you were looking at new or used but I am assuming used. If you can swing it, it might interest you to know that new Mazda's come with a 3 year bumper to bumper/5 year powertrain warranty with unlimited mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by IanGTCS View Post
    I'd go Mazda 3, probably the most enjoyable to drive of the bunch. I'd only hesitate because Mazda's still seem to rust quicker than others. I'd also highly consider an Elantra wagon. There has been a few Elantras in my family and all have been good cars. Other option is a matrix. Not exciting but solid cars with good fuel economy.
    I was going to comment about the rust issues. Wondered if they got better in later years, because they definitely had some issues judging by how many I saw driving around with early rust. I guess budgeting for an annual or bi-annual rust control application from your favorite provider would be a good idea....as extra insurance.