Well, this is a first for me. Have been anxiously waiting for the delivery of some Steeda lowering springs and Ford Performance jounces since May 11. The Steeda springs were on back order. Was excited to see they finally had arrived late last week and being shipped.

I came home to 2 boxes on my porch. One of them was a large K&N box. I thought maybe they had re-packaged the springs at first, but when I got the pkg. inside and opened it....it was in fact a complete K&N system!! Both boxes had FEDEX shipping labels on them, with my address info., but the K&N box had a packing slip with another customers info.

Customer expecting the K&N is out in Moose Jaw!! Tried calling the Ph# on the sales order, but of course it's wrong. Tried to google search info. to see if I could get the right ph# without luck. Could see the person's house though on google maps. LOL!

Anyways, I've called CJ this morning, and after waiting on hold for about 45 mins., reached a rep. and have started the process to get things fixed....hopefully.

My guess is, that whoever printed and applied the shipping labels....obviously didn't do a good job on checking that the order in the box matched the customer address.