Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  39
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why dont they listen? Rant

I have been married to the same woman for 46 3/4 years. From Day 1 I have tried to teach her to drive smoothly and to look ahead. There have been hundreds of such "discussions". To this day she will, for example, be on the highway, see a truck or car far ahead in her lane going slower than she is, but instead of moving a lane over and not having to slow down, she'll come right up to that person's tail, then hammer the brakes and then abruptly yank on the wheel to change lanes. Every stop the passenger is thrown against the seatbelt. every turn is sudden. In fact, after all those 46 years, I will only let her drive me in the direst of emergencies. When we drove to Florida in February, I drove 2o of the 26 hours we were on the road.
    It's not that I don't know how to teach. I was a licensed driving instructor for 10 years; i taught skid control and emergency maneuvers, and I taught all 3 of my boys to drive. But after all this time she still has not got the vaguest clue about smoothness or anticipation.
    She doesn't slam the door, though.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I have been married to the same woman for 46 3/4 years. From Day 1 I have tried to teach her to drive smoothly and to look ahead. There have been hundreds of such "discussions". To this day she will, for example, be on the highway, see a truck or car far ahead in her lane going slower than she is, but instead of moving a lane over and not having to slow down, she'll come right up to that person's tail, then hammer the brakes and then abruptly yank on the wheel to change lanes. Every stop the passenger is thrown against the seatbelt. every turn is sudden. In fact, after all those 46 years, I will only let her drive me in the direst of emergencies. When we drove to Florida in February, I drove 2o of the 26 hours we were on the road.
    It's not that I don't know how to teach. I was a licensed driving instructor for 10 years; i taught skid control and emergency maneuvers, and I taught all 3 of my boys to drive. But after all this time she still has not got the vaguest clue about smoothness or anticipation.
    She doesn't slam the door, though.
    Sounds like she trained you?

They are all the same brother.... door and trunk lids.... I have to yell don’t slam it!!! If I don’t.... BAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    feet on the dash?
    Disgusting! Makes me cringe every time I see it. Never in my vehicle. It's a dashboard not a fucking ottoman.

She tried on the first date we had. Said nope feet stay on the floor.
    Never tried again

My wife would never put foot on dash... she knows it would mean death!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In air bag equipped vehicles it's also a great way to suffer much more serious injuries than would typically occur if seated properly, happened to many people.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries