Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sto n Sho license plate holder...

Sto n Sho license plate holder...

Yesterday I picked up a new front bumper cover for Ol Paint. After it is painted and installed the last thing I want to do is drill holes in it to mount the license plate. Does anyone have experience with the Sto N Sho plate holders? Are you happy with it? Does it work as advertised? Are there other options?

Thanks
    Stephen

Just tape it to the bumper with 3M molding tape, it sticks through car washes and won't peel off the Ol paint when you remove the plate.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Club Supporter
    I got mine from this guy 12 years ago but used it on the US purchased Volvo (similar lower bumper intercooler opening as Mustang) since it didn't come with front plates and I didn't want to drill holes. Still using them 4-seasons on the same DD car.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Yesterday I picked up a new front bumper cover for Ol Paint. After it is painted and installed the last thing I want to do is drill holes in it to mount the license plate. Does anyone have experience with the Sto N Sho plate holders? Are you happy with it? Does it work as advertised? Are there other options?

Thanks
    Stephen
    Been running one of the electric Stow n Show plate holders on my car for 10+ years. On my second one because one got ripped off on a gravel cottage road in NC which is no fault of the product. It's great for what it is, hiding the plate when parked. Only downside is based on the length of the unit it has to be mounted at the very bottom of the bumper which is sub optimal for appearance when plate is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Go for it. They look good and are removable so that you can clean in the area behind the plate. Mounts in existing location and only a pin to pull to remove the plate portion. Don't use the tape method...
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post

Thanks
    Stephen
    I have one new for a 2016 Viper, it will work on a Mustang. If you want it Ill take $125 for it, its new in the sealed box.
    Record Holder Of The Fastest 2011-2019 Street Driven Coyote Powered Mustangs in Ontario....2014 GT 8.71 @ 157, 2015 GT 9.20 at 148, 2018 GT 9.91 at 148.4, 2019 GT 9.79 at 143....Proud Supporter of Barone Performance, Lund Racing, Team Beefcake Racing, Finishline Performance, American Muscle, 5.0Resto, CJ Pony Parts!

I had one on my Challenger. No issues at all. I would recommend it but i saw a new one that is available now and its a no drill method.

Take a look at this if no drill is what you want.

https://www.slybrackets.com/store/BO...LLES-p80520617

Here is another option, a vinyl copy of your plate so you can be legal without drilling.

https://licenceplate.ca/
    FABMAN

I had the manual Sto and Go one both my GT500's. It worked great.
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Been running one of the electric Stow n Show plate holders on my car for 10+ years. On my second one because one got ripped off on a gravel cottage road in NC which is no fault of the product. It's great for what it is, hiding the plate when parked. Only downside is based on the length of the unit it has to be mounted at the very bottom of the bumper which is sub optimal for appearance when plate is displayed.

Someone says..."who owns this car"
    Reply..."Bond, James Bond".