Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Foxes are getting expensive... lol

Foxstang

Foxes are getting expensive... lol

I was thinking about that this morning. Looking at my notch. I think the body (in stock form) is worth around 14-15k since it's not in mint shape. But I put about 17k in parts in the thing, most recent being a complete TFS top-end kit. But I remember when you could get SN95 spindles for a few hundred (or even the complete 95 GT for 400 bucks for you to pick apart and then sell it again for close to what you paid for). Now, if you can find them, spindles alone are 400 bucks and you still need to buy new hubs and nuts. A good 5 lug swap with upgraded brakes will run ya 2k easily (done right with max motorsport braided lines, Cobra brakes, Cobra rear brackets, etc...).

I was thinking about getting my car repainted next year, not a cheap paint job by any means... but now I'm wondering if it would be best to sell it. I mean if someone showed up with 22G's in cash for my 87, I'd consider it pretty seriously. My 88 is almost sold and it's funny how much more I can get for it than my 87 which would cost between 30 and 40 grand to replicate today. The 88 is 99.5% all stock and (imo) kind of boring.

But all this got me thinking, if I sold my foxes... I don't think I could realistically afford to get back into it. I find clean coupes with mods for sale between 22 and 27k (actually they seem to go quick) but when you take over a project, expect to dump more money into it because we're not all the same in how we like things to get done. I would sell mine for 22 and need over 40k to get back into it assuming I find a clean coupe for 25k or less.

I remember when a very clean foxbody was around 6k and our dollar wasn't so messed up for buying parts LOL... I miss the good old days.

Some people think they have GOLD, most of them are fool's gold...……..
    2003 Azure Mach 1.....with some bolt on's.....
    2003 Marauder.....with some bolt on's....
    2011 GT500......with some bolt on's.......
    82 GT, Coyote, build in play.......

If I was to sell mine, I have no idea of a realistic $ amount. Mine sounds very similar to yours parts wise.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Foxstang
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    If I was to sell mine, I have no idea of a realistic $ amount. Mine sounds very similar to yours parts wise.
    I will post mine for sale... I'll ask 24k OBO and see what happens. I'm confident it will sell between 20 and 22 as it sits...

I'm going to bow out of the hobby for a bit. Rant coming lol
    Last edited by Foxstang; 07-27-2020 at 01:35 PM.

I have been thinking of the same route for a few years... I have had my fox for 15 years and sometimes I feel its time for something new. Good luck with the sale man.