Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  110
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaving the hobby rant...

$ can be replaced.....not a good fox yolo whether its a bronco or whatever.
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

Foxstang
    This whole process was hard to be honest. I grew up around cars, always worked on them since maybe 12 years of age. But something changed perhaps a few years back but kept plowing through despite it. And as was I selling off my cars, some tools and parts, I was going through some form of withdrawal already lol. But it’s pretty clear to me why I’m doing this and now I’m more than happy to sit on the sidelines. As more stuff goes away, the better I feel. I won’t be able to afford getting back into foxes and I’m happy with that limitation.

Wife gave me the ok to buy another fun car like a Mach 1 but the more I think about it. The more I just want to keep it simple and stick to ONE daily driver for myself. In this case my new Ranger. It’s more than not wanting to be in a fox anymore. I just don’t like driving anymore.

I’ve even sold my hoist to a friend that will get good use from it.

The Bronco is going to be a sweet ride. Never been an off roader type of person but that thing is hella cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    I just don’t like driving anymore.
    You REALLY need a good dose of track.
    -Don____________

Sounds like you should buy a prius.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    I somewhat feel like you do with my cobra.

Nothing wrong with it but the last 3 years I've put maybe 1000 kms on it. Still sounds awesome, runs nice and looks great.....just lost the love of driving it.

So I turn to other hobbies to spend money on and they get the attention.....and my cash.
    This year its all about arcade machines and a two wheel ride for me, which came home 2 months ago and couldn't be happier.

Will drive the cobra time to time just to hear it and park it again..just not ready to part yet, will see next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

Between fishing and my kid.. lil time for the fox. Still nice to take out a few times a year.
    '88 LX

If you get another new Mustang....take it to the road course (Mosport GP or TMP or Shannonville). It will completely change your perspective about performance cars and it is a completely different crowd. I used to do the car shows too and it got really boring and I had people ask me why did I enter my stock Mustang in the modified section of a car show lol. I know you feel about spending money...I spent way too much and I spent way too much doing track days but it is a lot of fun and the experience is worth it.
    '20 Raptor S/CREW | '15 Mustang GT

Foxstang
    So... got my RC truck (Senton 3S brushless)... goes up to 80kmh LOL. Some bashing done but ripped the rubber right off a wheel and my spur gear + slipping plates burnt up.

I'm liking this hobby, pretty fun and you get to beat the living crap out of the machine, and simply upgrade the parts that break lol

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    ...fun and you get to beat the living crap out of the machine, and simply upgrade the parts that break lol
    You just summed up “going to the track”
    -Don____________