Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  110
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaving the hobby rant...

Back in my Fox days, had a pretty nice ride, comfy Recaro's and a decent ride, killer AC n decent stereo, lil obnoxious but not so bad, wife would not ride in it period. Bought the 2000 GT, could not keep her out of it, same goes for the Cobra. No one thing you can pin it on but happy wife = at least a semi decent life.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    My stance has always been:

If you love your car while you stare at it in the garage completely dust and lint free under a cover - awesome
    If you don't give a rats ass about cleanliness but love your car as you thrash it around the road course - awesome
    If you could give a flying fuck about going left or right but love your car as you rip it 1320ft at a time - awesome
    If have the most speed, handling, cleanliness all be damned its just a love of your car on a good cruise - awesome
    If it's more headache than joy - ship it

If the car makes you more guilty than happy its not the right fit. I think every guy on here has experienced a part of the scenarios you discussed. Lifes too short to pigeon hole yourself as just being "fox guy" if that does not make you happy. Maybe theres a another ride that will, or maybe you'll find you enjoy that the cars are better as a memory and theres other experiences to have. Best thing is at the end of the day you can enjoy a lot of the fun parts of the hobby without needing the wheels.
    meh you know my stance lol

Do what makes you and your family happy. You don’t have to answer to anyone else. Also, no matter what you drive, you’re always welcome here.

I would wait a bit and go buy another s550. You can’t beat how they drive. For you to have made a fox handle better than an s550 PP car it was cost as much as an s550 if not more. Also why not get another if your family enjoyed it? My kids didn’t care for my fox saleens but LoVE my Shelby. My youngest was more excited than me to get it. That bugged my wife (in an ok way though) but the car is Great for me also sharing something with my boys. She actually doesn’t mind the car either to drive in but wouldn’t go in my foxes unless had too (plus thought they where ugly).
    As for feeling guilty I get that. Everything I spend, including purchase of the car, is extra money outside of my regular job. Figure out a side hustle that you enjoy. My side stuff also helps pay for extra things we need or want. So in my opinion we all win. Even spending time away from family sometimes can seem hard. Doing car stuff instead of playing with the kids. It’s all a fine balance. My Shelby in the garage right now covered in bugs and dust. I was able to be out enjoying but then family came first after. So it will sit until I have time. It’s just a car.
    I’m not trying to convince you to stay in the hobby but I know how passionate you are of it. There is always comprise. Sometimes you have to work hard to get it. Just my opinion.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Foxstang
    Welp, sold the 87 yesterday. Deposit accepted. Stand out guy, I hope he enjoys the piss out of the car. He wanted to build one pretty much how I did this one so it's the right fit. Was 100% open and honest, showed him the good and the bad. It really is a great deal for someone. Hard to build this under 30G today.

Now selling a bunch of small things like bumper, fenders, etc... Garage is gonna look empty. But I'm feeling 50/50 over my decision LOL Oh well... worst case I buy my dream Mach1 and be done with it.

Interested in a half finished 64 Tbird
    Or a clapped out 35 Plymouth. Lol

I think others here have said some good words of wisdom. I'm sure many of us here share your same feelings at times with our Mustang hobby. In the end, you need to feel good about it, and if you don't....time to move on (which is what you're doing). Be happy, life's way too short not to be.

If you buy another S550 make sure to get one with Magna-ride. Best riding Mustang since a stock 03/04 Cobra.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

Foxstang
    I’m in love with the Bronco right now. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    I’m in love with the Bronco right now. Lol
    Do it.