Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: I find this hard to believe...Cheapest Coyote New Edge Swap.

I find this hard to believe...Cheapest Coyote New Edge Swap.

When everyone else is saying its over 15k to do possibly even yourself...I don't understand how this guy spends 5400 USD...because if it costs 5400 usd then eaton swaps would make no sense anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-6Mwm0kdK0

Thoughts ?

Sure you can, truck motor with high km’s with no a/c, no power steering, no catalytic convertors, stock t45 trans and no tune. Not sure how it fit with stock k member and stock oil pan.
    Your not going to enjoy driving it like that and the trans won’t last very long.
    Where is he getting 430hp to the wheels with a truck engine?
    Double the USD number to do it right.
    I didn’t watch the whole video to hear how you should actually do it. (Maybe I should have?)
    Last edited by 1BAD92LX; 07-29-2020 at 10:24 PM.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

If you hunt for deals on everything there's deal to be had. I put a Cobra T56 in my car for $800 all in when everyone told me it was a double that proposition. That said I wouldn't take any one persons experience as bible, do your research. There's enough articles outlining steps out there, and swap parts have prices on every major players web store. As per this guys price, I don't think he's BS-ing, Im sure he left out some misc costs as we all forget in these big projects but overall felt pretty complete list of the major expenses. $5400 usd is about 7.5k CDN right now. Ya I could probably scrounge for the right deals and sales and put a 5.0 Coyote truck engine in my car for that, on my trans and all. However if you wanted the Mustang motor, 6spd, etc, you're well in the teens IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Thankfully, last season or so phone has finally gone quiet peeps asking for cheap Coyote swap quotes.
    Parts are easy to look up by yourself, they add up quickly.

Well great topic...……
    Some on here have said you can't do a coyote swap for 10k and if you did you have to of stole the motor and had your buddies help you(not gonna mention names!!)
    If your mechanically incline you can do this sway, there are a lot of FB pages on this topic and these groups are a lot of help.
    Fox swaps, new edge swaps, all brand coyote swaps the groups are great source of info!
    gen 1, gen2 gen 3 all are doable, with stick ones being the easier choice.
    obviously the newer the engine the higher the cost.
    I have a personal friend just finish his Fox swap and he did 90% of the work and his total cost was just over 10K CND!, this included a gen 2 truck motor, 3650 trans, BBK long tubes, UPR K member, Ford racing control pack, he also installed the mustang cams and new chains and OPG gears while in there. His car has the hydra boost and A/C all functioning as well, he went with a Volvo power steering pump hidden away in the inner fender.
    biggest trick as of late is finding a decent motor locally as these are sold to the USA as they scoop them up quickly!

Currently If anyone is interested I have available two Gen 2 F -150 coyote engines 2016- 53k, 2017- 70 k complete intake to pan, no a/c, no alternator, PM for pricing!
    2003 Azure Mach 1.....with some bolt on's.....
    2003 Marauder.....with some bolt on's....
    2011 GT500......with some bolt on's.......
    82 GT, Coyote, build in play.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hotford View Post
    Well great topic...……
    Some on here have said you can't do a coyote swap for 10k and if you did you have to of stole the motor and had your buddies help you(not gonna mention names!!)
    If your mechanically incline you can do this sway, there are a lot of FB pages on this topic and these groups are a lot of help.
    Fox swaps, new edge swaps, all brand coyote swaps the groups are great source of info!
    I have a personal friend just finish his Fox swap and he did 90% of the work and his total cost was just over 10K CND!, this included a gen 2 truck motor, 3650 trans, BBK long tubes, UPR K member, Ford racing control pack, he also installed the mustang cams and new chains and OPG gears while in there. His car has the hydra boost and A/C all functioning as well, he went with a Volvo power steering pump hidden away in the inner fender.
    biggest trick as of late is finding a decent motor locally as these are sold to the USA as they scoop them up quickly!

Currently If anyone is interested I have available two Gen 2 F -150 coyote engines 2016- 53k, 2017- 70 k complete intake to pan, no a/c, no alternator, PM for pricing!
    Good insights. Appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

lol

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Hotford View Post
    Well great topic...……

15 sounds like a steel if someone else does all the work and supplies the goods....no? all used of coarse. Don't forget a tune and headers and so on - I just can't see it for 10
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    15 sounds like a steel if someone else does all the work and supplies the goods....no? all used of coarse. Don't forget a tune and headers and so on - I just can't see it for 10
    I heard some are paying between 35-50K...……….it all depends on how far you wanna go!

Like I said my buddy did 90% of the work: motor with accessories was used as well as the volvo pump, hydra boost 18 mustang intake, new items were K member, stiffler tans mount, drive shaft, headers, control pack, CAI, camshafts, chains, OPG, reservoir.
    2003 Azure Mach 1.....with some bolt on's.....
    2003 Marauder.....with some bolt on's....
    2011 GT500......with some bolt on's.......
    82 GT, Coyote, build in play.......

under 7 is very possible just depends how you wanna do it.
    you dont need a control pack