Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: VIN number questons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Buck tag on the rad support next to the driver headlight is where I would start.

Maybe it was re-vinned to avoid Drive-clean. I heard that there was a lot of that going on......
    This is a BC car - so no drive clean requirement.

As far as I've been able to learn - there's only the vehicle serial number printed anywhere else on the car - not the full VIN code. (as the VIN code pertains to year, model, features, etc) that are selected after the chassis is assembled....

Which unfortunately means, unless I call the insurance provider to run the partial vin (Read: Serial number) I won't be able to find out any details on what or where it came from. Further, because VIN tampering is illegal across Canada - they're going to seize the car immediately.

Ultimately, this car is going to end up going to the crusher.

Which isn't terrible.... given the shape that it's in. (it's full of rust)

Quote Originally Posted by 88 hatchback View Post
    This is a BC car - so no drive clean requirement.

As far as I've been able to learn - there's only the vehicle serial number printed anywhere else on the car - not the full VIN code. (as the VIN code pertains to year, model, features, etc) that are selected after the chassis is assembled....

Which unfortunately means, unless I call the insurance provider to run the partial vin (Read: Serial number) I won't be able to find out any details on what or where it came from. Further, because VIN tampering is illegal across Canada - they're going to seize the car immediately.

Ultimately, this car is going to end up going to the crusher.

Which isn't terrible.... given the shape that it's in. (it's full of rust)

If you don't have a tonne of $$$ in it, you can do pretty well parting it off.
    Or sell it complete to someone that parts them.