Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HVAC Guys please!!

It's been a few days and everything is working fine. I still need to check out the bottom of the coil. On the TDL for this weekend.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Hell yes.

not to hijack but thought maybe better than starting a new post.

New place has a oil furnace and an oil water heater. I know ive never seen an oil water heater before but there she is. its a rental and rental co wanted 1k to buy out. (estimate 10-15 years old)

question is the watehr heater feed its exhaust into the same flue as the furnace. I was under the assumption that this was not a thing that should be done. just want to confirm.

both the furnace and water heater exhaust pipes have about 1/4 inch holes drilled into the first elbow. not sure why that is.

input?

Just a shot in the dark but are the holes to help with updraft?

Personally I'd replace the rental oil water heater with an owned electric. For that buyout you can buy one nice one or two cheap ones at Home Depot. And as an appliance guy is assume you'd know someone for an even better deal.

could be draft related though it does have a draft flap as well.

we have a connection threw a supplier for he "heat pump" electrics like Im running in our old house. thinking that might be the route to go.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 08-08-2020 at 09:55 AM.

1/4” holes likely for Combustion analyzing , why not go propane with heat pump ?

there is currently a NA gas line at the road it was never brought back to the house, my plan is to eventually trench it in and then convert everything to high efficacy natural gas. Im just trying to figure out what needs to be addressed right now. if anything

do you know if the code that doesn't allow multiple appliances to share a chimny. is that a "if it was done before the code its fine until you replace one" or is it a "change it now" code

Yes C vent can be common vented in a chimney
    Would recommend an OBT tech do an inspection worth the $ and peace of mind if you plan on keeping it this season . Enbridge will bring the meter /line to the home with an application for gas so you don’t need to trench . Contact utility ask them if it’s feasible.

If you can't get NG service consider going propane, not as cheap as NG but still way cheaper than oil

That’s the plan. Deal closes on the 31. Then need to look into garage build and getting either Natural gas or go lp if necessary.