Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross Border Shipping NY to Toronto

CBP cant be beat !! no lineups no headaches
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

ChristenHoer
    Are you talking about cross border vehicle transportation? I don't know which companies are offering cheap rates because it is still expensive to ship vehicle within Canada provinces.

^^^Auto parts
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

How did you make out with them Richard?

I've been hearing lots of good things about Shippsy, fast and simple to use.

$5.99 flat rate per package up to 50lbs.
    Pick up is in either Mississauga or Markham.

Club Supporter
    Picked up my 2 oversize boxes on the weekend - overall pretty easy process to have the packages shipped to Niagara Fall (US side) and have CBP bring it over....picked up in Mississauga. Paid approx. $80 in tax between the 2 boxes and another $50 for the service (2 oversize boxes).

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Picked up my 2 oversize boxes on the weekend - overall pretty easy process to have the packages shipped to Niagara Fall (US side) and have CBP bring it over....picked up in Mississauga. Paid approx. $80 in tax between the 2 boxes and another $50 for the service (2 oversize boxes).
    wow, you just receiving the parts now? result of Covid delay or you just place your order late? so you drove all this time with toasted awd, and toasted brakes

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

I used them as well recently on a couple small items. Service was fine. They received the items on a Friday in the US. I chose to have it mailed to me for an extra $10. I think they passed the items on to Canada Post on Tuesday and I had it the following Friday.

My only criticism is their website used for creating the order to send to Canada once they have your stuff. It's not very intuitive what you need to do as a first time user and their instruction help was for a previous version and different.

Anyway, a decent option to get free shipping most of the way and much cheaper than paying large carriers to import for you.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    wow, you just receiving the parts now? result of Covid delay or you just place your order late? so you drove all this time with toasted awd, and toasted brakes
    LOL....the rotors came a while back but then I found the used AWD unit and had to wait for the seller to pull it from the car with a couple other parts and then ship it, and then asked for the 2 boxes to be brought over together (don't think it made a difference since they were considered over-sized). Been using the Caddy while waiting for the rotors....and yeah, FWD is no fun, it spins the front wheels. They were pretty fast once I got the invoices loaded and paid the taxes/fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    My only criticism is their website used for creating the order to send to Canada once they have your stuff. It's not very intuitive what you need to do as a first time user and their instruction help was for a previous version and different.
    Yes, definitely agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I used them as well recently on a couple small items. Service was fine. They received the items on a Friday in the US. I chose to have it mailed to me for an extra $10. I think they passed the items on to Canada Post on Tuesday and I had it the following Friday.

Anyway, a decent option to get free shipping most of the way and much cheaper than paying large carriers to import for you.
    agree with this, it is not the most user friendly site.
    I have had a couple instances where I am sure I have consolidated some packages for a single shipment only to have it arrive and be told I did not consolidate/ release all of them.

Small headache, but overall good service for excellent value