Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Issue with my supercharger belt

86gtvert
    When I installed my v3 sci 2yrs ago I was running my serpentine belt like you are over tensioner.I found that I could not put enough tension on supercharger belt.i since changed it.This could be your issue charger belt too loose.

Slope
    Had this happen with the same kit on a customer car. Exact same thing was happening to his belts.

Ended up being an alignment issue. (Did not do the original blower install).

Had to shim the head unit back to get the proper alignment.

Run into the same thing a couple or three times. Bolt it on as per instructions, belt is out of alignment. Long straight edge off the crank pulley, square the rest of em to it. Can be a tedious task but well worth the results.
    Assume you've already quad checked all washers n spacers are in the correct locations?

So run everything off of the crank, in terms of squaring it up and it should solve my issue? Tension I find is ok. Just boggled at how the belt is shearing off on the one side. I guess it's riding the high side of the crank pulling and slicing the belt into thin strips.

Red reaper

Quote Originally Posted by 86gtvert View Post
    When I installed my v3 sci 2yrs ago I was running my serpentine belt like you are over tensioner.I found that I could not put enough tension on supercharger belt.i since changed it.This could be your issue charger belt too loose.
    Yes but I'm running the belt under the s/c tensioner.

Red reaper

Yes, best to be sure all are as close as possible both in and out plus angle.

It looks like your running a 6 rib belt towards the front of 8 rib pulleys....is that correct? Is your tensioner pulley flat or a slight crown to it? If its crowned and your on the outer edge maybe it's putting a slight twist in it. Maybe it needs to be shimmed out to get the belt in the center or go 8 rib.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown93 View Post
    It looks like your running a 6 rib belt towards the front of 8 rib pulleys...
    The V3sci kits are 6 rib.

The belt shown has actually shed 2 of it's original 6 ribs...

Now that I look at it again...it looks like a 6 rib. Did it cut on the rad side and jump over a few grooves? Must be an alignment problem like suggested by others.

Yea that pic there is of the belt actually been stripped apart. It's a stock 6 rib pulley

Red reaper