Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Issue with my supercharger belt

The tensioner is flat

Red reaper

Tough to tell by the pics, but it looks like either the idler is in, or the blower pulley is out. I'd toss a washer or two behind the idler pulley, then take the damaged belt and re-install it flipped so the good side is facing out, run the car and see what happens. A few spirited runs should ell you if its gonna come off, letting it idle won't really put a load on it.

That's a good idea not sure how the blower pulley would come out though? I can see the idler being loose.

Red reaper

Stang
    Hey guys I have a mstang convertible 2000 year v6 3.8... I have a 190hp I need a more what can I do for that?? I need a like 300hp can I do something for this??

Quote Originally Posted by Stang View Post
    Hey guys I have a mstang convertible 2000 year v6 3.8... I have a 190hp I need a more what can I do for that?? I need a like 300hp can I do something for this??
    You can do something for that it you will need more money than the car is worth, better to buy a modded car.
    Welcome to the club but if you have a question, start a new thread instead of postings someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reaper View Post
    That's a good idea not sure how the blower pulley would come out though? I can see the idler being loose.

Red reaper
    The blower pulley is pressed on.

Yea I figured that much. Well lets hope it's the tensioner. I just don't get it . The s/c is brand new not even 200km on it. How could it be failing now. It should be good to go out the box.

Red reaper

Just checked the tensioner and I can wiggle it ever so little. Could not be more than 2 or 3 mm but it does wiggle a litttle

Red reaper

Its allowed to wiggle a bit, it looks like its not lined up though, did you read my previous post?
    Who did the install?

Suggest again, back up and get a straight edge on the crank and measure outwards. Based on the pic, does not look even close. If so, double check your spacers etc, if correct, shim as required.