Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  73
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you LOST !

When was the last time you LOST !

Now I'm not condoning street racing & of course it's all was done on a Mexican Hwy ! or at the TRACK !

I'll start

Back in 86 new GN etc out for a cruise, & a Jag pulls up beside, so smart ass me on the happy stick, I,m off and gone, he in the rear view, I back off to get the stare and a grin, so as it goes we play for a few minutes , then this gentleman gives me a tip of his cap and he's gone and I mean gone, I look down to make sure , yup all lights light up on the turbo foot firmly planted and he just walking away from me like I'm standing still, Major ASS KICKING, by an english dude and car , How embarrassing !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Summer 1987. I'm driving an 87 Turbo Supra. At the time, a pretty quick car.
    One Sunday on my way out to Colburne(why I don't remember). I had my 8 year old son Adam riding shotgun. In typical Steinberg fashion he yells "Faster Daddy, Faster". (His daughter is the same way. She's 11 now, and when she rides with me in, first the Mustang, and now the Jag, she yells out Faster Zaidie, go Faster! (How is a grandfather supposed to resist such a plaintive wail?)).
    Anyway, I open that Turbo up, and I'm doing nearly 140 MPH on the 401, and I pass a brown late model Grand Prix, as if he's standing still. Turns out to be my production manager. The entire company(we had about 50 people at the time) knew about it before I got into work the next morning. For a while, at least, I enjoyed being a bad ass boss.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

I've never driven over the speed limit so not sure I can add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I've never driven over the speed limit so not sure I can add anything.
    Wow, heads up for the lightning!
    ~Scott B

Zr will have a "lost" story after track day. Stay tuned.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Zr will have a "lost" story after track day. Stay tuned.
    Lost, like he took a wrong turn and wound up in Dunnville?

Back in my foolish youth...

I lined up my 428 CJ Mach 1 against my buddies LT1 Corvette with a fresh John Rossiter engine.

He hooked first and got a couple car lengths on me before I hooked. I was reeling him in but ran out of road so accepted the loss. Apparently there was an IROC behind us trying to join in the fun. Neither of us saw him until we were stopped at the next light. Lol

Considering these cars were from the 60's, I'm sure we were still within the posted speed limits at all times.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 08-13-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Summer 1971. My friend Larry drove up all the way from Los Angeles in his Javelin to visit me. We decided to go to Montreal. I had a '71 Datsun 510 with Corvair wide rims, an MG exhaust, open air cleaner and other mods I forget in the mists of time.
    We left my house in Willowdale made it to downtown Montreal in 3 1/2 hours in that little car. We were AVERAGING over 100MPH. Yes, that little thing would do 110 miles an hour!
    28 years later, 1999. We had driven to Florida in our 1998 Dodge minivan at Christmas. 3 kids and my wife. On the day we left to come home, there was a huge stormfront brewing and we wanted to beat it home(this was the famous storm where Mayor Lastman called in the Armed Forces to help clear snow). We hightailed it up the I-75 and made it door to door in 24 hours flat. 2650 km. Including meals and rest stops. Beat the storm by hours.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Back on the Mexican Hwy with my GN again, just cruising , this Firebird pulls up, starts giving me the signs ! I totally ignored him, this thing was a POS, doors so rusty they were flapping in the breeze, I wanted no part of this shit box, besides I'm driving a shinny GN no contest I thought, after about 5 minutes he now annoying me , I'm gonna teach this guy a lesson in spades !!! nail the happy stick, start to pull on the FireBird figure no contest , but hey I showed him, WRONG ,out of no where he's beside me with this grin from ear to ear, I'm still at WOT & he just passed me & still pulling on me , I LOST, was the final result, man what a sleeper that car was, while quite fast , the GN does run out of steam in the upper ranges, that little 6 was puffing that night , only in MEXICO you say ! LOL
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

everyday I go to work!!…... the tax man taxith too much!!...ah sorry you meant car races...…..I don't incriminate myself ever!!…..lol
    2003 Azure Mach 1.....with some bolt on's.....
    2003 Marauder.....with some bolt on's....
    2011 GT500......with some bolt on's.......
    82 GT, Coyote, build in play.......