Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: am I too old to get into construction?

Foxstang

am I too old to get into construction?

May have an opportunity to join the club... union and all. I have a strong work ethic and told I'd climb up pretty damn fast in the industry. Or so I'm told. I guess mixed with my business, leadership and project management backgound could help climb the ropes...

Anyway at 42... though? I would be working along side people half my age but twice as lazy lol

Go fo it. 42 isn’t even mid-life crisis mode yet.

I just started a new job where I’m older than my boss by a couple of years, and way older than my co-workers. It’s a slightly different role than my last job, so I’m having to ask the kids for help and guidance.
    -Don____________

I don't see why you couldn't, if it is something you think you will enjoy and find rewarding then I agree with Don, go for it

Would your role be labour or management?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Need more info on what aspect of construction to give an opinion.

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    May have an opportunity to join the club... union and all. I have a strong work ethic and told I'd climb up pretty damn fast in the industry. Or so I'm told. I guess mixed with my business, leadership and project management backgound could help climb the ropes...

Anyway at 42... though? I would be working along side people half my age but twice as lazy lol
    What union? What will you start as and what your background........nationality?...trust me it makes a difference depending on what union lol

I Joined 506 2 years ago then moved to 183 for more money and better job. Im now 44 and only thing i can say is that, like anything else moving up in unions or companies is who you know and WHO YOU KNOW, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
    The money is great, pension is great, 10% vacation pay and amazing benefits especially if you have a spouse or kids. But lots of drama, lots of backstabbing but if you keep your head up and just do your job you can make it past most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

Do it....

What type of construction?
    '88 LX

Do it! I'm 50 and consider joining construction or a trade every day. I've got a good gig but getting tired of the bullshit but it's the bullshit I know. I'm seriously considering sticking it out until 2025 and then making a switch into trades at 55. My hill will be tougher to climb than yours but this isn't about me. Have at it!

42 you’re still young nuff to do what you want