Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear Shock tower broken

15 years X 30 to 40 passes per year...including a few lots nitrous passes...maybe I should look at mine....but not a fox body and only running 10s

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

Club Supporter
    That happened to mine years ago before I did any mods (only mod on the car at the time was aftermarket shocks, was either KYB or Tokico blue-don't remember, and Eibach Pro Kit springs) - manifested as a squeak for months before I saw what the problem was. Had folks on GTAMC joking about mice in the car, Joe riding around in the trunk of my vert on Kingston Rd at the old shop and we couldn't figure it out.

I had removed all the covers behind the rear seat to repair the vert roof pump and that's when I saw it moving/squeaking while I was driving. There wasn't much there in terms of welds. Car has never been down the drag strip.

Rick repaired it and welded in a "ZR special" rear brace between the shock towers which tightened up that area which really needs it in a fox vert. No issues since then even though suspension since converted to stiffer MM Road & Track suspension, upgraded drivetrain and diff, and moving up to 430+ rwhp/torque.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 08-15-2020 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    ....but not a fox body and only running 10s
    SN95 pretty much the same as a fox.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Brad has a brace we built for him some years back. Initial install was based around it breaking the rear seat X braces off at the parcel tray plus appearance of a slight kink in the roof above the rear window. In spite of some feeling it was a waste / just added weight, results say the exact opposite.
    Install was 8+ years ago and can guarantee it has prevented any more damage from twisting on my Sunday drives to church. 😁
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Install was 8+ years ago and can guarantee it has prevented any more damage from twisting on my Sunday drives to church. 
    It's been 8 years? Damn.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

It happened on my 83 V6 body (was never raced or launched)- it's just crappy spot welds

Many of these cars left the factory not being welded up properly at all.
    Check out my Instagram for more on my build

https://www.instagram.com/my83mustang

Quote Originally Posted by 88 hatchback View Post
    It happened on my 83 V6 body (was never raced or launched)- it's just crappy spot welds

Many of these cars left the factory not being welded up properly at all.
    Wait, are you saying quality wasn't really job 1?

Not a good job of welding but one hell of a job hiding it with tons of seam sealer.