Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One piece drive shaft

One piece drive shaft

Hey guys, Im looking on upgrading my drive shaft to a one piece aluminum.

its a 2014 v6 stick shift.

any recommendations for which is best, not dragging the car or anything, Just want the upgrade for the quality of life.

so my questions would be, reccommendations for wich one to get and where? is ordering through American muscle or cjpony an option?

any input would be great! thanks!

on a side note, I havent done much to my car but i plan on it this winter I.E barton short shifter, maybe a CAI, also suspension upgrades probably all happening winter time

I'd assume shipping a driveshaft from the states might not be that cost effective. I'm sure one of our sponsors could get you a 1 piece driveshaft really easily.
    Also upgrading the V6 driveshaft is a smart move, they seem to break very easily. We had one in recently where it literally exploded...

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Just like in the UTube or similar vids, stock shaft explodes like a bomb was inside it at high / high sustained speeds. One piece direct fit is something anyone that drives one hard should seriously consider.
    Yes DaSilva's can get you one for sure.

Awesome I'll check in with dasilvas !

Cool, another 2014 V6 stick shift. I’ve got an Airaid Intake and BBK TB. When it’s cooler I’ll be installing some knockoff shorty headers. Too hot to do it now.

The V6 guys over at Mustang6G are swapping the TB from a 11-14 GT onto the V6. Cheaper than a BBK TB. The bigger TB makes a huge difference. Noticed it right away when I swapped mine.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Doing a little more research, Dasilvas seem to be a little hard to get in touch today over the phone.

In total It would be about 1,200CDN to get this one over here Dynotech Driveshaft Aluminum One-Piece 3-1/2" V6 2011-2014

Thoughts?

If you’re going to buy from the US, wait til they have some sort of promotion. Usually on the holidays.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

After talking to Joe from dasilvas this morning he advised against the one piece for now, and to concentrate on changing out my clutch set up , apparently one piece could make vibration worse and getting rid of my current vibration is probably the best with a flywheel change. Hurray

Last two we saw fail looked along this lines.