Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One piece drive shaft

As of right now though I'm not running any crazy set up, I literally have an exsaust and that's it. These only fail under the worse conditions correct? Now I'm worried for both haha

Quote Originally Posted by Joronto View Post
    After talking to Joe from dasilvas this morning he advised against the one piece for now, and to concentrate on changing out my clutch set up , apparently one piece could make vibration worse and getting rid of my current vibration is probably the best with a flywheel change. Hurray
    The reason the driveshaft would be vibrating is if it is out of balance or the pinion angle is out to lunch causing vibration at speed.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

I mean, I dont think the driveshaft is vibrating. He said if i press the gas in neutral and i feel the vibration still its most likely the Flywheel. The only reason I wanted the driveshaft is because apparently it was supposed to help reduce the drive line vibration.

very rare do i push the car to its brink! lol....I'll be going in this Saturday for his to take it for a test drive anyway. Sometimes i think i just wanna sell this car and get something else though....too many issues from factory

Quote Originally Posted by Joronto View Post
    I mean, I dont think the driveshaft is vibrating. He said if i press the gas in neutral and i feel the vibration still its most likely the Flywheel. The only reason I wanted the driveshaft is because apparently it was supposed to help reduce the drive line vibration.

very rare do i push the car to its brink! lol....I'll be going in this Saturday for his to take it for a test drive anyway. Sometimes i think i just wanna sell this car and get something else though....too many issues from factory
    Hopefully they can get ya fixed up. GL!

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Drive up to the speed where it vibrates, push clutch in, if vibration is gone, flywheel, if not, driveline / most likely shaft (assuming wheels n tires ok of course).

thanks I'll keep you guys updated.