Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBA ratings at all-time low

NBA ratings at all-time low

https://www.outkick.com/nba-finals-r...wK6X2mhAq7Nyjk

The NBA is taking tanking to never-before-seen depths. If LeBron and the Lakers in the Finals can’t save this collapse — nothing will. This is the best-case scenario. Imagine these numbers when the Nuggets finally win the West and the media has to push that over the NFL.

Compared to 2018, the last Finals with LeBron, Game 1 is down 58%. That kind of slide is what gets TV shows canceled and showrunners chased out of the business.

Adam Silver complained a few years ago too many NBA games were on cable. Looking at the data, he may want to keep it that way so he has an excuse.

Since 2012, viewership for the NBA on ABC resembles a former yearly revenue chart at Blockbuster headquarters. From 2012 to 2020, broadcast NBA ratings are down 45%. In simple terms: horrific.

Due to self-destruction, the NBA is a mess. The politicization of professional basketball puts ESPN’s Mark Jones’ left-wing Twitter to shame.

The league is more hypocritical than the participants in Tuesday’s debate. Led by social justice warrior LeBron James, the NBA players who claim to put human rights ahead of their dollars are still earning millions from the Chinese Communist Party.

“No comment,” that’s how LeBron responded to the shooting of two police officers in Los Angeles.

On the other hand, LeBron is changing America — literally. His organization is texting random Florida citizens to pay for felons to vote (for Joe Biden) in the upcoming election.

You know somebody here will disagree with those facts and then hint that you might be a racist because he thinks your feelings are involved and not your opinion.

I'm only speaking for myself when I say I did not watch any sports because of their views on what is going on theses days, who else did the same?
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

In before BFed.

Club Supporter
    I don't think anyone suggested racism - I was going through the stats in the Harris survey as well as an analysis of the media data and impact of scheduling including ratings data from 2019 (already down before Floyd, etc) but I know numbers complicate things for some. I'm not sure why it was moved as the last couple posts were discussing the survey and other relevant media numbers versus "opinion" articles like above.

Foxstang
    Lebron is worth $450 million and donated less than $50 million... Just over 10%... The top 20 earners in the NBA made a total of $500,000,000 in 2019.

I would imagine half a billion dollars would go a long way in impoverished communities around the USA? If NBA players took their annual salaries and donated to causes they believe in, then, they could teach us a lesson in life.

^Lebron is a pos “do as I say, not as I do” hypocrite, who believes nobody is entitled to his/her own opinion, your opinion MUST be the same as his, no matter what. And many people put him on a pedestal as if he has any idea about the real world, or what others have been through.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    You know somebody here will disagree with those facts and then hint that you might be a racist because he thinks your feelings are involved and not your opinion.

I'm only speaking for myself when I say I did not watch any sports because of their views on what is going on theses days, who else did the same?
    Same here, they will not see any more of my money, be in by watching, going to a game, or buying merchandise. I actually won’t even wear it anymore, they’ve gone off the deep end and I won’t be part of it.

I’m not sure what happened in my other thread, but for some reason TMC felt the need to cast it off to BFF, so I will never see it again. Sad that we cannot have a civilized discussion anymore, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRod View Post
    I don’t get it. Are you suggesting that the ratings have tanked to all-time lows because of three white players?

Just being a troll to what Lou said.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    Watching Sports is entertainment for me, I don't care for the Political crap. I can and will tune out if it over shadows the product on the court/field or rink. Although the facts do support why the ratings have plummeted, sometimes fans are tuned out because their Teams/Players are not in the Finals and not just because of the Politics?? JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I don’t get it. Are you suggesting that the ratings have tanked to all-time lows because of three white players?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    Lebron is worth $450 million and donated less than $50 million... Just over 10%... The top 20 earners in the NBA made a total of $500,000,000 in 2019.

I would imagine half a billion dollars would go a long way in impoverished communities around the USA? If NBA players took their annual salaries and donated to causes they believe in, then, they could teach us a lesson in life.
    10% of income or net worth donated - that's pretty good in general (could be more but savings rate may not be that high and donations are less than savings). How does that compare on a % basis to how much of your income or net worth.