Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonneau covers and bed liners...

Tonneau covers and bed liners...

Hello TMC,

As some of you may have read I purchased a new truck last week and now I want to add a tonneau cover and bed liner. To all you truck owners what are your recommendations?

Thanks
    Stephen

Spray in liner (Line-X/Rhino/etc) and a locking hard tri-fold cover (BakFlip and Extang both make these) would be my recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Spray in liner for sure.
    As for covers, have owned a few and keep coming back to Extang Trifecta. Personal choice, soft tri fold gives me the most versatility.

I have a Trifold cover on mine and wouldn't get anything else. The roll up style or soft style with a frame are dog turds whereas the trifold still looks the same after 3+ years of use. As far as a bed liner is concerned, I have had both and I would opt for a plastic bed liner over sprayed on. Why? The spray on although durable is textured (rough) so if you think you can place something in there that you don't want scratched think again. I ended up putting a 5.5' section of rubber/vinyl runner in there just so I could slide things in/out with ease and without fear of scratching any items.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Spray in liner (Line-X/Rhino/etc) and a locking hard tri-fold cover (BakFlip and Extang both make these) would be my recommendation.
    When I bought my F150 in 2012, I got the Line-X spray bedliner and also the Extang tri-fold hard cover. Still in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Second the BakFlip

Third vote for Bakflip. I got the one with the vinyl finish cover, and still looks great after 4 years now.
    Wasn’t cheap, but it has been worth it.

I had a fibreglass one piece solid Leer on my F150. Heavy as f*, could not easily remove it if needed.
    Then I had a one piece solid Undercover on my Mazda. Better. At least I could remove it myself.
    But the 4 piece folding Bakflip is my favourite by far. Easily folds up for full bead access. Or can easily be removed entirely if needed.
    -Don____________

I have a Bedrug in my Ram. Love it

2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

I would go with a spray in bed liner. The plastic liners can scratch the box paint and cause a place to eventually rust.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

I will be going with a spray in lner, just trying to decide on Line-X, Rhino, or ???. As far as the tonneau, most likely hard tri-fold but not sure which one, but a flush mount style is preferable.