Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember much about carbs?

Nothing like that Rich, been impressed with results from every kit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Nothing like that Rich, been impressed with results from every kit.
    Sweet
    Rich

Did a 2bbl kit on a Scout, worked like a champ there as well.
    Going seeing you on the forum Mr, been way toooo long.

These retro fit injection systems sure look sweet and definitely the right call for a restomod build. For me , they're a bit spendy for a classic cruiser, especially once you add the supporting bits and pieces. Besides, part of the reason I bought a classic was because I get a kick out of the old school quirkiness of it. It sure is heck isn't for the performance. Lol

Thanks for suggestions. Seems a nice dual plane intake and good aftermarket carb will be a fun and worthwhile project.

Hmm, now what to do about the exhaust side of the equation.....

If you're going to stay carb, something like a 500 cfm Edelbrock would get the job done for your application and usage. They are usually bolt on and go after you set the idle speed and mixture, tend to be less fiddly than Holleys.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Did a 2bbl kit on a Scout, worked like a champ there as well.
    Going seeing you on the forum Mr, been way toooo long.
    Yeah the last few years have been down and up for me. We'll need to catch up when this Covid business is all over.

Sine the 04 cobra, I bought a 96 cobra which was full of gremlins (it was Shawn Hyland's test mule - I didn't know lol). I sold it a year later. I went stangless for a couple years, then bought a 1970 coupe in the fall of 2019.

I'll get some pics up when i figure out how to post photos again. Its been a fun little project so far.

Rich
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    If you're going to stay carb, something like a 500 cfm Edelbrock would get the job done for your application and usage. They are usually bolt on and go after you set the idle speed and mixture, tend to be less fiddly than Holleys.

cheers
    Ed
    Yes, I was thinking a 500 would be a good choice. It might be a tad small if I decide to upgrade the heads someday but crisp throttle response is important to me so it'll probably work well even then. The 2100 has great off idle throttle response now but then ... crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-C View Post
    Yeah the last few years have been down and up for me. We'll need to catch up when this Covid business is all over.

Sine the 04 cobra, I bought a 96 cobra which was full of gremlins (it was Shawn Hyland's test mule - I didn't know lol). I sold it a year later. I went stangless for a couple years, then bought a 1970 coupe in the fall of 2019.

I'll get some pics up when i figure out how to post photos again. Its been a fun little project so far.

Rich
    Good to see another classic in our midst. I think a build thread is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-C View Post

Rich
    Sorry about the SH ride but very cool your back in the saddle. Looking forward to pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Yes, I was thinking a 500 would be a good choice. It might be a tad small if I decide to upgrade the heads someday but crisp throttle response is important to me so it'll probably work well even then. The 2100 has great off idle throttle response now but then ... crickets.
    If your thinking long term with emphasis on throttle response (with decent mileage tossed in for free) look to a Holley 600 or 650 spread bore. Well worth the effort to make it work, yes speaking from experience with several including Dad's previous 68 390 Galaxie 500.