Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  795
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: F1

LOL!

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

I think the pit screw up was well explained. With the position of the cars on that lap when the SC came out they had only few seconds to pull that off. So it was bad but George was still going to win that race. It was the puncture he got just before he caught Perez that finished him off. Awesome drive. Probably cemented his future in a works Mercedes. I can see him in Bottas' car.

Looks like Russell might get disqualified from the race. F1 is a joke when it comes to all their rules.

https://f1i.com/news/392692-gutted-r...ification.html

Read another story, says Merc to be fined but his finishing position and points stand. Hope it's true.

Mercedes has offered to give Romain Grosjean a private F1 test early next year if the Frenchman is unable to conclude his career in the sport next week in Abu Dhabi.Grosjean, who miraculously survived a terrifying crash last weekend in Bahrain, is uncertain to race in F1's season finale at Yas Marina, with swelling and minor burns on his left hand possibly leaving him unable to manhandle an F1 car.But Grosjean has stated that he doesn't want his final lap in an F1 car to have been the dramatic one he endured at the start of the Bahrain GP and which ended in agony."The story would be beautiful to go to Abu Dhabi," he said. "If I don't, I'll call every single F1 team and see if anyone would offer me a private test in January or so, to jump back in the car, and have 10-15 laps to myself."

Informed of the Frenchman's plan, Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff said that if no other team can make it happen than he would be willing to try and arrange a proper send off for Grosjean."If we are allowed to do this, and nobody else within his universe of teams that he raced with would provide him with such an opportunity, we would do this," said Wolff.Haas is unlikely to cater to its driver's wish given its tight budget, but Renault, with whom Grosjean started his career in F1 in 2009, could possibly roll out a two-year-old car for its former driver to enjoy.

Yes a fine for Mercedes and Russell keeps his first ever points in F1 and his well deserved place. He would have won if it wasn't for the puncture. I kinda hope he gets another shot in the last race of the year. I do like Hamilton but this is such a great chance for George to showcase his talent. Best car or not Bottas is well seasoned in the same car and Russell pretty much made him look like the newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Mercedes has offered to give Romain Grosjean a private F1 test early next year if the Frenchman is unable to conclude his career in the sport next week in Abu Dhabi.Grosjean, who miraculously survived a terrifying crash last weekend in Bahrain, is uncertain to race in F1's season finale at Yas Marina, with swelling and minor burns on his left hand possibly leaving him unable to manhandle an F1 car.But Grosjean has stated that he doesn't want his final lap in an F1 car to have been the dramatic one he endured at the start of the Bahrain GP and which ended in agony."The story would be beautiful to go to Abu Dhabi," he said. "If I don't, I'll call every single F1 team and see if anyone would offer me a private test in January or so, to jump back in the car, and have 10-15 laps to myself."

Informed of the Frenchman's plan, Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff said that if no other team can make it happen than he would be willing to try and arrange a proper send off for Grosjean."If we are allowed to do this, and nobody else within his universe of teams that he raced with would provide him with such an opportunity, we would do this," said Wolff.Haas is unlikely to cater to its driver's wish given its tight budget, but Renault, with whom Grosjean started his career in F1 in 2009, could possibly roll out a two-year-old car for its former driver to enjoy.

This is awesome and good on Mercedes. That is horrible way to finish in F1 and never drive a car like that again. It’s like not being able to say goodbye to an old friend. It’s been Grosjeans life
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Thats a good one.lol
    GHIG