Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  795
Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: F1

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...510827566.html

This clearly shows Hamilton stealing position at the beginning of the race and not giving position back to max. Abs no penalty was called for it. So ya both drivers had some advantages. Wasn’t Hamilton’s day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

He gave the advantage back, not the position (he was already out front when Max "sent it").

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    He gave the advantage back, not the position (he was already out front when Max "sent it").
    I don’t understand, could you clarify ?

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

I agree with the no penalty. Max's move was soo late and forced Lewis off the track. Some one has to tell Max where the apex is when passing.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

He didn't pass Max off track but yes he gained distance. Tap of the brakes saw distance restored, on with the race it is, confirmed by race control. If letter of the warning issued by F1 was truly in play, Max should have got slap on the balls for yet another of his full on send it moves n swiftly penalized. Being as open wheel cars, no way they can or should allow his continued bs to fly..............but they do.

What pisses me off even more is that it wasn't even close.
    Mercedes had the strategy and pace, they would have won it in a fair race, the way it should be.
    I am a Mercedes fan and not necessarily a Hamilton fan, but respect to him and his father for the way they handled it, i guarantee you that Max would have acted like a child if he lost.

Also- F1 is supposed to be car manufacturers fighting it out on a track.
    Red Bull is not a car manufacturer, what's stopping any other non car maker from coming in to the sport and taking over as long as they can purchase or build their own engines (Anything can be done with money)

You should only be allowed to race if you manufacture and build cars that one can buy at a dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    Also- F1 is supposed to be car manufacturers fighting it out on a track.
    Red Bull is not a car manufacturer, what's stopping any other non car maker from coming in to the sport and taking over as long as they can purchase or build their own engines (Anything can be done with money)

You should only be allowed to race if you manufacture and build cars that one can buy at a dealership.
    That would also put out Haas and Williams whom I consider racing enthusiasts. Red Bull make energy drinks. They have their name on everything, even non motor racing events. They’re taking over the Honda F1 engines next year so we’ll see how that goes for them without the techs at Honda to help them.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    That would also put out Haas and Williams whom I consider racing enthusiasts. Red Bull make energy drinks. They have their name on everything, even non motor racing events. They’re taking over the Honda F1 engines next year so we’ll see how that goes for them without the techs at Honda to help them.

yeah, it would be sad to see Williams go for sure.

I'm fine with Hamilton not giving the place back at the beginning, but it flies in the face of what F1 has long considered an acceptable practice for passing in quick left/rights (even though it shouldn't be).

Hamilton got tons of breaks through-out the year that cumulatively added up to a whole lot more than what Verstappen got at the end of this race - the timing certainly worked out to make it a bigger moment for Verstappen though.
    '15 Focus ST
    '18 Edge Sport