Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My luck strikes again

My luck strikes again

So getting excited for TMP on the 28th and now I'm having issues with the Stang.

When I give it power it kinda slips. Around 3000+ rpms I feel slight slips and small jerks and I'm not getting full power to the wheels. Even the exhaust sounds different. It kinda meaner but not normal. It only happens when I push it. Sitting at 3000 rpms is fine.
    The check engine starting flashing when I pushed it hard while trying to get a feel for it. It flashed for about 20 sec after I let off. I haven't seen it since but I also stopped driving it hard. now I slowly accelerate to speed.

I'm not mechanically inclined (i'd like to be, but haven't found anyone to teach me).

This all started Sunday. The only thing I did was clean the engine bay on Sat. Normally I'm very carefull and I've done this many times before. I cover the alternator with a bag and I stay away from the belt and pullies and I use a soft paint brush for the hard reach areas. I'm also getting a faint burning rubber smell from the engine bay.

Maybe while doing so I messed something up? Maybe some of the spark plugs arn't fireing? or my clutch is slipping or something else?

This is my luck... I'm not allowed to be too excited about anything! something always happens!

I just hope it doesn't set me back too much or I'll be spectating with my new helmet

Not sure if anyone knows whats going on or knows how much this is going to set me back

Edit: forgot to metion that even idling sounds differnet
    Joel,

Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam04 View Post
    This all started Sunday. The only thing I did was clean the engine bay on Sat.
    Water down the spark plug holes.

If you have access to compressed air, remove the coil packs and dry out the hole.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Water down the spark plug holes.

If you have access to compressed air, remove the coil packs and dry out the hole.
    This

Agree as well. First thing to try.
    ~Scott B

I have the compressor but have no Idea how to remove the coil packs and dry out the hole
    Joel,

Fairly sure my coil packs on my 06 were held on with a small torx screw. After that's removed they just pull off.

Definitely sounds like water got to them. Hope they didn't get fried from it. Those things aren't cheap.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Ask that grumpy fellar down the street and around the bend ..lol , I think he goes by mootang

He's not that grumpy... well unless your customer service
    Joel,

99chromegt
    I have the compressor but have no Idea how to remove the coil packs and dry out the hole
    It's a pretty easy thing to do. If you lived closer I'd say come on over and I would show you. There should be a few YouTube vids showing you how. Remove wiring harness clip. I think you just press up from the bottom to get clip off. Remove small screw holding coil down. Grip at base of coil and pop the coil up. You will see a long rubber tube with a spring inside attached to the base of the top of the coil. Get your air hose with an air blast type attachment and blow out the hole. Try not to drop anything into the spark plug hole. If you haven't changed your plugs in awhile after cleaning the area out... now might be a good time considering it wouldn't take much more to do so.

He's not that grumpy... well unless your customer service
    Joking , I'm sure he's got some knowledge under that cap .