Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the modern Boss 302 a worthy successor to the famed original?

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the Boss 302 come with 2 different keys? One key for daily driving and the other for the track as it changed the ECU settings?
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Black key for normal driving and red key for track. They refer to it in the news article above.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Yeah I’m not fond of reading long articles lol. I can’t even read a book without my mind wandering off.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

As an owner of a 70 Boss 302 (however needs a lot of TLC) the Hagerty value is the part of the article I found very interesting:

1969 Mustang Boss 302

Engine V-8, 4942 cc
    Power 290 hp @ 5800 rpm
    Torque 290 lb-ft @ 4300 rpm
    Weight 3400 lb
    0–60 mph 6.0 sec
    Top speed 130 mph

Price when new $3958
    Hagerty #2 value $87,000–$108,000

2013 Mustang Boss 302

Engine V-8, 4951 cc
    Power 444 hp @ 7400 rpm
    Torque 380 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
    Weight 3641 lb
    0–60 mph 4.2 sec
    Top speed 161 mph

Price when new $49,990
    Hagerty #2 value $39,000–$45,000

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the Boss 302 come with 2 different keys? One key for daily driving and the other for the track as it changed the ECU settings?
    The Red Track key was what I used almost all the time. It was a $302 option, programed @ the dealership. Increased performance and old school lope out of the side and rear pipes was music to my ears...and on decel some nice snap, crackle pop!

Quote Originally Posted by 1low03gt View Post
    Feel the same way Rick. I’m no way knocking them, but it’s getting old, just like all these super hero movies!
    Could be my taste for a mustang is leaning towards the vintage. Would love to have a 65 fastback all modernized but with keeping the heritage look.
    I'd love a 65 fastback with a modern drive train, brakes and suspension. Loved my first one.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang4 View Post
    I'd love a 65 fastback with a modern drive train, brakes and suspension. Loved my first one.
    Couple model years newer....but what you're looking for. Need some very deep pockets though.

https://www.vanguardmotorsales.com/i...tback-restomod

Saw that vid. Nice car, but when it comes to the GT500E look visually, got to get the additional body pieces done right. I don’t like how most do the flares, side scoops, and side exhaust skirts molded to the body. I like how the original movie car had them as a “add on” , and left the seems .

Quote Originally Posted by 1low03gt View Post
    Saw that vid. Nice car, but when it comes to the GT500E look visually, got to get the additional body pieces done right. I don’t like how most do the flares, side scoops, and side exhaust skirts molded to the body. I like how the original movie car had them as a “add on” , and left the seems .
    Yah, a few variations on the theme out there for sure. One things for sure....they have become super popular again...amongst those with deep pockets.

I love the classic 69/70 Boss cars, But realistically they can't compare to the newer cars! period, in their day they were good, most are cruiser and rarely tracked, they have the cool factor 100 percent!!

Ive seen people make them in modern curve huggers and well performers, but the cost of that is double to triple what a newer Boss car is and if you were luck it may hang with one on the track!
    2003 Azure Mach 1.....with some bolt on's.....
    2003 Marauder.....with some bolt on's....
    2011 GT500......with some bolt on's.......
    82 GT, Coyote, build in play.......