Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the modern Boss 302 a worthy successor to the famed original?

Is the modern Boss 302 a worthy successor to the famed original?

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Calypso Corral 69 boss is one of the best looking vintage Mustangs ever made IMO.

That said, I would much rather buy a 2013 boss 302 (especially a Laguna Seca) as those will go down in history as the best live axel Mustang ever made and I absolutely love the way they look, sound and perform. It’s a damn shame they never offered the Laguna Seca in Calypso Corral, that would have been epic.

I would love to have one of those parked along side my 17 GT (aka: Sinister).
    FABMAN

I think the new Boss is epic but the early ones will always be legendary.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Cool ride for sure. Just too much $$$.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

To me, the Shelby-ised Mustang after Mustang has watered down all of the special editions. Flame suit on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    To me, the Shelby-ised Mustang after Mustang has watered down all of the special editions. Flame suit on.
    Agree.

Shelby-ised yes. But the Boss-ised I’m okay with. I also know the newer S550s are better performing, but I’d love me a 12-13 Boss.

LOVE those Bosses!! Having now owned both a 12 Boss 302 and presently an 08 Shelby GT500, its my opinion the Boss is the more balanced of the two and certainly better around the road course in stock form. The Shelby GT500 is a hammer vs. a surgical knife like Boss 302. That said, the Shelby GT500 in modern form 07-14) was really meant to be a stop light to stop light/drag strip star. Two cars, two different design intentions IMO. The GT350 takes the Boss 302 intention to a whole new level. And the new GT500....I don't even know where to begin as it seems to be BOTH a drag strip and road course king....for those who have the means to own one (Got my lotto tkt. for tonight).

Feel the same way Rick. I’m no way knocking them, but it’s getting old, just like all these super hero movies!
    Could be my taste for a mustang is leaning towards the vintage. Would love to have a 65 fastback all modernized but with keeping the heritage look.

^ Exactly that.