So my 2014 V6 3.7 is leaking oil. Not a lot but it’s leaking. Didn’t hit 20k on the odometer yet(almost at 19900). It’s leaking where the transmission mates to the engine above the oil pan. Sorry I don’t have pics.

I’ll tell you about the car so you have some perspective.

Bought it from a used car dealership August 2019 and the odometer read 12945 when I drove it off the lot. Dealership did an oil change on it before I picked it up. Don’t know what brand oil was used but there was a new Fram oil filter on there (I had seen the car the previous week and there was a different filter). Previous owner did 1 oil change at 8k which is the interval for these cars.

Drove to Montreal in October 2019 for thanksgiving and my nephews birthday.

I changed the oil when it hit 16k in November 2019 to get it back to the 8k interval. Used a Mobil 1 oil filter and Mobil 1 EP 5w20. Inspected underneath the car. Nothing. No oil leaks. Very little rust as the car was rustproofed twice by the previous owner at a Krown location. Car was fine.

Come spring this year, when changing back to summer wheels, I noticed some oil residue on the oil pan between the bell housing and motor. Not a lot. Just a little. Wasn’t sure what to make of it. Cleaned the area to see if it came back.

Last week, while installing the Steeda jacking rails, I noticed more oil again. Same amount. Just a little bit. It doesn’t drip onto the driveway as I’m always parked on pink inter locking bricks so I’d notice an oil stain.

Changed the oil today, same Mobil 1 EP 5w20 with a new drain plug. Cleaned up the area thoroughly.

I’ll keep an eye on it and see if it still leaks. Never had any issues until I changed to Mobil 1.

I was thinking it was the rear main seal but the engine is way too new for that to happen. I’ve only read of that happening to 1 person with the same motor and S197. Every other oil leak seems to be due from high mileage cars or leaking from somewhere else.

Did a lot of reading this evening, while I doubt it’s the rear main seal however it’s possible, I think it’s Mobil 1. Read a few people mention that it tends to leak through seals on however those were higher mileage than mine. It’s also possible Mobil 1 and the weight aren’t working out too well on this motor. I mean it is a 6 year old car.

You guys are more knowledgeable than me on these cars. Only had this car for a year so I’m still learning about it. What oil and weight should I try to see if it remedies the issue. Heard good things about Royal Purple and Amsoil for oil. Also what would be a good filter to pair with it?