Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is it leaking oil???

I’m thinking the additives in the M1 EP caused it weep oil. Had I used regular M1 I probably wouldn’t have had any issues. Changed the oil yesterday to Motorcraft semi-blend and Motorcraft filter. Gonna monitor it every month and see if it still weeps. The M1 did smooth out the engine tough as it’s a synthetic. When I used M1 EP in my Civic, I couldn’t even feel the engine vibrations.

Changed the transmission fluid yesterday as well to Royal Purple. Feels a little smoother. Not night and day but can tell it feels different. Would definitely like to get a Blowfish Racing support bracket to get rid of the clunkiness. Just doesn’t feel solid. In the Civic I used Amsoil MTF and that was like night and day. Kept the stock shifter in the Civic as I liked the stock throw. The Mustang has a shorter throw compared to the Civic.

Next is the coolant. I believe they have a shelf life which is why it’s recommended to replace by years also and not just mileage due to its contents. Gonna do drain and refills with 50/50 so the mixture stays the same throughout the process.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Okay, I think I figured out the problem. Back in January I installed a cold air intake and a BBK TB. Increased air means increased pressure. So now there’s too much pressure causing the oil to pass through the seals. I noticed some oil weeping on the back of the oil pan and around the cylinder head covers as well. Oil doesn’t leak on to the ground which means it’s only weeping while the engine is running because if it was a leak, well I’d see oil on the ground.

So I would need to decrease the pressure.
    Last edited by xeninworx; 11-03-2020 at 11:27 PM.

So changed the coolant today. Still not completely yellow yet so need more coolant but I found a easy way to do it if you’re not doing a flush and just want to change coolant.

Drive the car around until everything is hot. Park and cool down but not too long. Unplug the hose that leads into the reservoir from the water pump. Have the those go into some other empty bottle. It’s the coolant that’s run it’s course through the radiator and motor and back into the reservoir. Now start the car and the old stuff comes out of the water pump and fill the reservoir with new stuff. Since my old coolant was orange and the new coolant was yellow I could easily tell the difference.

Did a few things today.

Replaced hump hose reducer with a straight reducer.

A1EE8501-FFBC-4295-81E6-9D2F8A1DAFAF.jpeg

Replaced driver side hose with a 1/2” PCV hose. I did not like the way the stock one looked as it looked restrictive. Waiting on my Moroso catch can to come in to do the other side.

BE0559A5-6CE3-4F72-A0B9-D06CD4721A80.jpeg

And changed the coolant to Predator blood. This method worked perfectly. Kept filling the reservoir with Predator blood until all the old stuff was out and new coolant was coming through.

497ED0C4-E76D-493D-A85F-A00AC4E9BAFD.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ever since I installed the Moroso catch can months ago the car is no longer leaking oil from anywhere. Problem solved.