Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  78
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, how do you store your car ?

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    To keep mice away, I use moth balls. I chuck a bunch under the car.
    Have you ever smelled moth balls?
    Just waiting for this crap to be over so we can travel again

I use Bounce sheets in the car, trunk and under the hood. Mice supposedly dont like smell.
    Car does smell fresh in Spring.
    Hook up battery tender and then leave the scene

Quote Originally Posted by MINT2000 View Post
    YIKES moth balls, it must smell like grandma house , LOL,
    The storage facility smelled like moth balls, the car smelled like bounce dryer sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
    Have you ever smelled moth balls?
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...how did I get their little legs apart. You don't have to, they are mostly balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGWOP View Post
    Been using these for years in car, in trunk, under hood and under car. Also leaves the car smelling nice.
    "And I like it too!!" <<< said in a nice irish accent. Sorry I couldn't resist the commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I also add a couple of bars of Irish Spring. Supposedly, mice don't like the smell.
    I've had mice eat Irish spring soap at the cottage, so I don't know how much they dislike the smell.

I add fuel stabilizer and slap the snow tires on. If the weather is nice I drive it all year so don't go overboard with winterizing it. Pop the trickle charger on if I haven't driven it in a bit and call it good. I do like the charcoal idea though.

oil and filter,fill tank add fuel stabilizer,top up tires,park on 4 sponge rubber pads and disconnect battery

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

Just curious as to how many pieces of plain charcoal briquettes do you use and where do you distribute them?

Quote Originally Posted by MINT2000 View Post
    Here's what I do with mine.

1~wash and wax( cover with car cover) something breathable
    2~vacuum interior, 2 bounce sheets, 1 small bag of charcoal opened down the center & placed on a garbage bag in the back seat
    3~pump up tires to 40 PSI and place rubber matts under all 4
    4~ full tank of fuel and all fluids topped up (if needed)
    5~ battery tender
    6~ Several mouse traps around the perimeter of the car, baited with peanut butter and bird seed ( always seem to catch at least one)

What's your tricks to keeping your ride, mouse free and fresh for the spring ?

forgot to mention , only use plain charcoal briquettes, the ones that are "self starting " are impregnated with starter fluid and stink up the inside of your car !

I buy the smallest bag, usually its a 10 lb bag, I lay several garbage bags across the back seat put the bag on them and I cut the bag open and pull it apart just enough so the briquettes are in the the open but still in the bag, they just act like a filter , absorb any smells, etc, a word of warning , do not use the briquettes after your finished, I did one year and my steak tasted like bounce dry sheets , LOL>
    Last edited by CON VERT; 10-21-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

I do similar to above, but I put a plastic tarp over concrete floor than add four squares of plywood to park wheels on. Add a couple boxes of baking soda to absorb moisture, one box in trunk and one in interior and scrunch up some aluminum foil into balls to stuff up end of tail pipes to keep mice out