Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  113
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Terminator owners... could you PM me?

Dad's Cobra was a yr old / brand new sitting in the dealers heated n AC showroom, got an insane deal plus zero %.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Dad's Cobra was a yr old / brand new sitting in the dealers heated n AC showroom, got an insane deal plus zero %.
    This is an interesting comment. I just finished reading “iron fist: lead foot”. Highly recommend.

I wonder if the lack of sales was the reason there were 1/3rd 2004 produced than 2003?

The book goes into the marketing and reveals the price was $5000 more (US) for the Cobra than the GT. With the marketing around “the first supercharged” and forged engine assembly (in advertising) the cars were left in showrooms ?

Most mags at the time had this car on the cover and there was general hype from the SVTOA group.

Would be interested in hearing discussion on this?

(Maybe we should mail this book around the members for each of us to read and sign it?!)

At least part of it, dealers firm or above, well right up until so many sat unsold.
    Funny part about score we got on Dad's 04, they have a half dozen or more 04 verts plus a single 03 Coupe only the 04 coupe we bought for him. He really wanted the silver 03 but it was going to cost more vs the 04.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.zed View Post
    This is an interesting comment. I just finished reading “iron fist: lead foot”. Highly recommend.

I wonder if the lack of sales was the reason there were 1/3rd 2004 produced than 2003?

The book goes into the marketing and reveals the price was $5000 more (US) for the Cobra than the GT. With the marketing around “the first supercharged” and forged engine assembly (in advertising) the cars were left in showrooms ?

Most mags at the time had this car on the cover and there was general hype from the SVTOA group.

Would be interested in hearing discussion on this?

(Maybe we should mail this book around the members for each of us to read and sign it?!)
    2005 was the reason.
    The hype for the new design was real. Ford had a massive Detroit auto show display for the 2005 already in Jan 2004.
    Dealers were already sold out on pre-orders.
    Ford made the line change early in 2004 so the 05's were dropping by summer 04.
    It was unheard of to see deals on SVT let alone 0%. It had never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    2005 was the reason.
    The hype for the new design was real. Ford had a massive Detroit auto show display for the 2005 already in Jan 2004.
    Dealers were already sold out on pre-orders.
    Ford made the line change early in 2004 so the 05's were dropping by summer 04.
    It was unheard of to see deals on SVT let alone 0%. It had never happened.
    I had a 2003 Cobra vert in red, which I ordered in March of 2002. Mine was the first one delivered in Toronto , August 27.2002. That weekend I put 500 km on it, and the first time I opened it up was nothing short of staggering.
    I enjoyed that car until July of 2004. I walked into my dealer in Markham, and there was a yellow 04 on the showroom floor. I started joking with the sales manager about trading mine for the yellow one, but within a half hour I bought it. Massive discount, 0% financing, great price on the 03. A no brainer. They practically begged me to buy the yellow beast.
    I loved that car for 5 years. I paid it off in September of '09, but I was forced to sell it way below market value to ZR in November, as I had had an extreme business failure. I literally cried when Rick drove it away.

As an aside, 3 years later, i had a chance to buy it back for what I'd sold it for. The newer owner had put less than 4000 km on it from when I sold it, and I was sorely tempted. However, by now I'd met Bill at Heritage Ford, and he had this silver 2012 GT Vert for the same price. I went for the new one, and don't regret it.

As another aside, I traded the '12 for a '14 (which, to be honest I think was the best of the lot), then a '15 and then a '17. I almost ordered a '20 Mustang, but then the Jag came up and I was seduced by it's incredible looks, and it's high pitched, supercharged wail at 6500 RPM.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Great story... thanks for sharing. I had that same Jag for a week on loan. Incredible sounds! Lots and lots of looks...

I never owned one but i had a chance at buying a okay looking 03 silver cobra which was the exact color interior and exterior i wanted. A couple of imperfections and a bad Throwout bearing made me run from it. I beat myself up every day for letting it go.

Few months after..I gave in to impulse and bought a mach 1. in spring time ill sell the mach and grab a nice cobra to replace it!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

^ We did bearing and a bunch of clean up on that car after you had seen it. Ran and drove like it was brand new, hell of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ^ We did bearing and a bunch of clean up on that car after you had seen it. Ran and drive like it was brand new, hell of a car.
    Stop reminding me lol

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Can't wait for the first drive in the spring, really want to see how that FTBR improves the handlinf
    Last edited by USAWIT2; 08-22-2021 at 10:27 AM.