Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  113
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator owners... could you PM me?

I had an 04 which I put almost 100,000 km on. Sold it 10 years ago. Fabulous car, lots of fun. Mine was very reliable. Lightly modded, it dynoed at 446 rear wheel horsepower. When it left my driveway for the last time, I cried. 3 years later, I had the chance to buy it back, but instead bought a new 2012 Mustang.
    However, a dead stock 18-21 Mustang GT is quicker, more comfortable, more reliable, handles better, had many more amenities and is a better buy, in my opinion. In it's day a Terminator was the be all and end all. Today, not so much.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I had an 04 which I put almost 100,000 km on. Sold it 10 years ago. Fabulous car, lots of fun. Mine was very reliable. Lightly modded, it dynoed at 446 rear wheel horsepower. When it left my driveway for the last time, I cried. 3 years later, I had the chance to buy it back, but instead bought a new 2012 Mustang.
    However, a dead stock 18-21 Mustang GT is quicker, more comfortable, more reliable, handles better, had many more amenities and is a better buy, in my opinion. In it's day a Terminator was the be all and end all. Today, not so much.
    Really appreciated this post and the vulnerability. I doubt you often hear posted about the emotions that go along with our cars.

I have thought very hard about an 18+ and you make some good points.

All comes down to what you want out of the car and how you plan on using it.

I purchased mine in 2008 (1 month) after my son was born for him.
    It was bought for the long haul as a Mustang I thought would be a collector when he’s older.

My father did the same when he purchased his 1969 Roadrunner new and it has been passed down to me. We declined $80K for it two years ago.

Regarding the Cobra I will say it’s a car that does everything well....and nothing great lol.
    However what Mustang does?
    Even if I owned a 2021 GT500 I would still mod it and make it my own.
    That’s part of the fun in owning such a car.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 12-18-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Got a 2020, great car but fun factor n feels special wise.....................does not hold a candle to my Cobra.
    Comment about coyote is faster, laughable.
    Does that make the 20 a bad car, not at all, just an entirely different experience.

From a roll on, a pullied Cobra would destroy a 2020 Stock GT mustang.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

No way a 18-21 GT is quicker than a cobra modded slightly.. and my car has 650whp and not a single issue any day.. and when i drive it i give her damn hell every time.

Wish I had purchased terminator 17 years ago....seriously.

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

I was not talking about a pullied Cobra. Dead stock to dead stock a 2018 and up Coyote is quicker. My Termi dynoed at 367 horse stock, and a new GT is over 400.
    Anyway, it's just my opinion, having owned two Cobras from new and 4 Coyotes(2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017). My cars are all daily drivers and as such get driven 25-35000 km a year. When the time came to decide whether to buy back my old 04 Cobra for what I paid for it, or to get a new 2012, for me it made sense to go with the 2012. As much as I loved that yellow vert, a new car made more sense.Steve's Car.jpg
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Liked my vert..................right up until the first hot day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Liked my vert..................right up until the first hot day.
    The great irony of convertibles. Sounds fun until the weather is actually "too nice"
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate