Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Base GT or PP2?

Base GT or PP2?

I am looking to buy a new mustang. I had my mind set on a base 2020 GT 6 speed car, trying to target them in the mid 30's plus tax. Then eventually lightly mod it (19x10 wheels, springs / struts, catback exhaust, recaro seats, 8" screen).

I am also seeing PP2 cars listed in the mid 40s plus tax. I like the idea of magnetic ride, 19x10.5/11 wheels, 3:73 rear end, Brembo brakes (although base GT brakes seem more than capable) , sync 3 / 8" screen. I do not like cup tires (wear out fast and I don't need them), magnetic ride (if I decide to upgrade springs / shocks later), and the 10k price difference.

Would you guys go with a base GT and eventually make it your own, or go with the PP2? This is going to be a weekend cruiser that I plan to keep for 5+ years.

Or maybe wait for spring on a new 2021 GT base and see what incentives hit then?
    2022 Camaro 1LE M6
    Formerly: 2011 Mustang GT M6, 2015 Dodge Challenger 392 M6, 1999 Camaro SS M6, 2000 Mustang GT 5MT

Why not take a look at what our sponsors have in stock. I am sure that you can get a great deal on one of those on the lot.

Ah....I just noticed you are not from here lol. I guess one of the dealers in your neighbourhood then. Also don't forget that the PP2 is gone for next year and only the PP1 and Mach 1 are the higher tier cars if that route tickles your fancy.

Mustang Occasionally
    Base GT or maybe PPI if it’s a weekend cruiser. No point in spending the extra on PPII if you’re not going to use the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Why not take a look at what our sponsors have in stock. I am sure that you can get a great deal on one of those on the lot.

Ah....I just noticed you are not from here lol. I guess one of the dealers in your neighbourhood then. Also don't forget that the PP2 is gone for next year and only the PP1 and Mach 1 are the higher tier cars if that route tickles your fancy.
    I am considering buying it from a Toronto area dealer like Heritage or Blackstock. I am originally from Toronto and the exchange rate works in my favor. Heritage has two nice PP2 cars although both have the active exhaust and navigation which I dont care for. Although at the right price anything is nice lol.
    2022 Camaro 1LE M6
    Formerly: 2011 Mustang GT M6, 2015 Dodge Challenger 392 M6, 1999 Camaro SS M6, 2000 Mustang GT 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Base GT or maybe PPI if it’s a weekend cruiser. No point in spending the extra on PPII if you’re not going to use the equipment.
    That is true. I will beat on it a little here and there, but it won't really be seeing track duty.
    2022 Camaro 1LE M6

Mustang Occasionally
    Then the PPI sounds like a good fit. Easier to find too.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    I am considering buying it from a Toronto area dealer like Heritage or Blackstock. I am originally from Toronto and the exchange rate works in my favor. Heritage has two nice PP2 cars although both have the active exhaust and navigation which I dont care for. Although at the right price anything is nice lol.
    If you live in the US, they are not going to sell you a brand new Mustang.
    '20 Raptor S/CREW | '15 Mustang GT

I would think a GT or PP1 would be more ideal for your situation.
    If it's going to be a back road/daily driver car, I would strongly suggest getting one with Mag ride.
    Just try and decide what you must have in the car and that will decide between GT & PP1.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

After having a PP1, I personally would only buy a PP1 or PP2 Mustang. The relatively small increase in price turns the GT into a well balanced car.

Better brakes, Torsen diff, upgraded suspension, additional cooling, gauges and more aggressive factory tune, as well as an upgraded wheel package at a fraction of the cost it would take to do in the aftermarket.

By the sound of your use description, a PP1 would likely do everything you need.
    FABMAN