Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garage lighting

Club Supporter

Garage lighting

Anyone use an LED like this in their garage for more light? I only have the single incandescent bulb now and will eventually install the workshop lights but curious if these are as bright as they claim - lots of them online at different price points. They screw into the regular light fixture.

https://levkomlighting.com/collectio...tri-fold-panel

I assume a double garage? 20x20’ish?
    Should provide lots of light, but it will be from a single point blinding inferno.

I also assume the current light fixture is aiming down? And 9’ish feet above the ground? Would probably work well if you could aim it upwards to diffuse the light.
    -Don____________

Been thinking of getting a pair on Amazon to try out. I’m just worried about quality control. Haven’t found a reputable company that makes these.
    '88 LX

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Been thinking of getting a pair on Amazon to try out. I’m just worried about quality control. Haven’t found a reputable company that makes these.
    Yeah I saw a bunch on Amazon and Walmart (online via 3rd party sellers) but likely iffy. These guys in SK offer a 5-year warranty so may be legit? They are more expensive but with 20% BF sale it is down to Amazon level.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I assume a double garage? 20x20’ish?
    Should provide lots of light, but it will be from a single point blinding inferno.

I also assume the current light fixture is aiming down? And 9’ish feet above the ground? Would probably work well if you could aim it upwards to diffuse the light.
    Yes and yes, single basic builders light fixture with 60W bulb.

I did a little test last year and change one of two sides of garage from 4 foot fluorescent to 4 foot LED , I guess power saving but the amount of usable light is about the same. I guess in long run it will pay back but be a while to recover cost of LED fixtures and Bulbs as not using lights in garage too often.

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

HD and HH in Bolton have similar lights to the one in your original post Richard. At least if you by locally you can return it if doesn't work as advertised.

I just bought a few of these and plugged them into the garage door opener outlet in the ceiling. I got the plug chain type, so no need to wire a switch. I think I paid about $40 each at HD. Easy install and nice lighting.

IMG_1560.jpg

I bought a couple similar to those from Amazon, 10k Lumen each.
    Have been a phenomenal improvement.

My father in law is an electrician, regularly installing lighting in warehouse and was blown away with how well they worked

Some are low start in cold freezing garage setting.
    Ask about "outdoor use".