Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage lighting

I just bought a bunch of these for my shop - no more bulbs:

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...MaAoIpEALw_wcB

I bought two of these in Nov 2019, bought one and then went back for a second because I was very pleased with the light output. Can't say how they will last but so far so good. My garage is not heated and they work fine in the cold.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Lol.. good timing with this thread. One of our fluorescent ballasts stopped working this morning after 10 yrs. Going to order a set on amazonia. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.
    '88 LX

Club Supporter
    Thanks for the responses folks - I wasn't aware of these bright screw-in bulbs (the the large plug-in shop LEDs) until a few days ago or in this thread but have been unhappy with the single bulb in the garage for a while.

I looked at the Amazon one which was nicely priced and was going to pull the trigger but then noticed in the reviews that the seller responses to questions appeared to be from offshore, and one response noted the units were not CSA or UL approved (but had some other certification which may have been fine), so ended up ordering one from that Saskatchewan company in post 1. More expensive than Amazon but the 20% BF discount and "free" shipping helps, and it has a 5-year warranty versus 2-year. Also, someone self-identifying as the business owner sent a thank-you email this morning for my first order with them....a level of service not commonly found these days. Hopefully that translates into product quality and after-sales/warranty service if needed.

Get a lumens app for your phone and post before/after pics.
    -Don____________

I have one that have adjustable 3 panels ( up down) Screwed it in and huge improvement. I have double garage with light socket in the centre. Wish I found them years ago. Best $20 bucks I have spent in years

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I just bought a bunch of these for my shop - no more bulbs:

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...MaAoIpEALw_wcB
    Got them installed on the weekend, what a difference!
    I can actually see in the shop now.

Club Supporter
    Arrived today from Saskatchewan.

IMG_5318.jpg

Before with single regular bulb (slightly left offset from centre of garage and then closer to back wall):

IMG_5320.jpg
    IMG_5321.jpg

After (same location):

IMG_5322.jpg
    IMG_5323.jpg

Club Supporter
    Directly under LED tri-light (I think the original single bulb had a reading of about 800):

IMG_5325.jpg