Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
He was not "shut down" since he was able to open for take-out (and sells take-out type food not high end steak dinners) just like the businesses around him who complained that he was affecting their take-out business with the anti-mask/COVID protesters.

I believe eat-in restaurants were asked to do contact tracing even for outdoor patio diners when onsite dining was available. Restaurants are naturally higher risk than big box stores.

In Bolton, I think I'm more at risk shopping in the mom & pop grocery store in Bolton than the Zehrs (Loblaws) store next to it or at Can Tire or even Walmart - small footprint, narrow aisles, etc. I've had more people invade "personal space" in this grocery than in any of the big box stores - maybe they're not doing a good job counting numbers coming/going even with line-ups outside but it gets busy and tight in there.
demanding someone cut business, which leads to sending home employees and not being able to meet overhead is basically forcing them to shut down. your a damn accountant you KNOW that. Forsing a change in business model is forcing a shut down in some cases.

there is NO scientific evidence what so ever that supports the notion that restaurants are higher risk. and the idea that a mom and pop store that is following guidelines and sees a fraction of the traffic that a big box store sees is laughable. I would take a small shop whos owners have a stake in guaranteeing guidelines are followed to stay open over a big box with minimum wage DGAF employees, an management and owners that now know they are immune from lockdowns. any day of the week

look at the data that is widely available in most areas the largest percentage of infections have no idea where they are contacting them from. Maybe all these big box stores where no contact tracing and very little sanitizing is being done.

More BS excuse making