I think he's stupid and careless (health-wise) for continuing with the "protest/resistance" and should be held accountable for his actions. I get the first day protest/resistance - he would have gotten some leeway but pushing it past that another 2 days afterwards and then breaking through a wall, etc he's asked for what he got. I spoke with one of my employees yesterday who has purchased takeout at the Leaside and Etobicoke locations and said they were not enforcing mask usage inside, etc., and said he would never eat in the restaurant right now (only take-out) because of their practices. From the protesters at the Etobicoke location, they seem to have attracted all the sympathetic anti-masker/anti-distancing conspiracists to the cause.

He could have just opened for take-out after the Day 1 protest/resistance since his business model (casual food/BBQ) is well suited for that versus a Moxie's or Keg which is more suitable for dine-in business.

That said, I think this Conservative government could have been more surgical with the restrictions and allowed businesses to open where they have invested in and taken the precautions in accordance with the health guidelines versus closing all down, and picking winners and losers without additional qualifications - some business owners follow the guidelines and some don't.

I think this guy appears to fall into the latter. I purchased take-out or done beer pick-ups at Toronto locations with patios and every time they had picnic sized tables packed with 6 unmasked people who clearly did not live at the same household - so there are a lot of people who are not following guidelines to curb transmission and the businesses that allow this.

If anything, that FB post is the reason governments take harsh one-size fit all measures because they have to make it fit the lowest common denominators like the person in the cereal aisle talking on the phone (probably also same person protesting without mask and hugging other protesters outside Adamsons BBQ).

The GoFundMe page has racked up decent dollars - too bad he didn't protest in a way that the money donated could have actually been used to help people in need versus someone knowingly racking up 6-figure fines/legal fees.