Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  186
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Adamson BBQ

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    had not heard anything about him not having a business license. Pre his protest were there reports of him not following regulations?
    One of my employees purchases take-out from their Leaside location - said he would not eat onsite as they don't enforce guidelines inside restaurant. Not sure if that played into the whole thing if he's been fined or warned previously so was pissed already.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    He was not "shut down" since he was able to open for take-out (and sells take-out type food not high end steak dinners) just like the businesses around him who complained that he was affecting their take-out business with the anti-mask/COVID protesters.

I believe eat-in restaurants were asked to do contact tracing even for outdoor patio diners when onsite dining was available. Restaurants are naturally higher risk than big box stores.

In Bolton, I think I'm more at risk shopping in the mom & pop grocery store in Bolton than the Zehrs (Loblaws) store next to it or at Can Tire or even Walmart - small footprint, narrow aisles, etc. I've had more people invade "personal space" in this grocery than in any of the big box stores - maybe they're not doing a good job counting numbers coming/going even with line-ups outside but it gets busy and tight in there.
    demanding someone cut business, which leads to sending home employees and not being able to meet overhead is basically forcing them to shut down. your a damn accountant you KNOW that. Forsing a change in business model is forcing a shut down in some cases.

there is NO scientific evidence what so ever that supports the notion that restaurants are higher risk. and the idea that a mom and pop store that is following guidelines and sees a fraction of the traffic that a big box store sees is laughable. I would take a small shop whos owners have a stake in guaranteeing guidelines are followed to stay open over a big box with minimum wage DGAF employees, an management and owners that now know they are immune from lockdowns. any day of the week

look at the data that is widely available in most areas the largest percentage of infections have no idea where they are contacting them from. Maybe all these big box stores where no contact tracing and very little sanitizing is being done.

More BS excuse making

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    One of my employees purchases take-out from their Leaside location - said he would not eat onsite as they don't enforce guidelines inside restaurant. Not sure if that played into the whole thing if he's been fined or warned previously so was pissed already.
    is that him not following guidelines or customers? people here have said lots of people in the city are not following guidelines so is that the fault of a business just trying to get by and not wanting to turn away business or end up with an altercation or is that teh customers for ignoring posted rules?

ive never been i cant say for sure, I know any places not following were usualy called out and vilified by the media, I heard nothing from Adamson until he re opened in protest. form teh media reports he was pissed about being screwed last time, then putting money into meeting guidelines and then getting screwed again.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    The funny thing is back in the summer when masks were optional I chose to go without one. I was much more at ease then because people were afraid of me and they kept their distance from me. I had no issues with anyone brushing up against me or even reaching for stuff in front of me. Now that I am required to wear a mask everywhere I find people are convinced that there is no risk at all. They don't avoid each other, no one minds bumping into you or reaching in front of you. I honestly believe that mask wearing could possibly be causing more harm than good.

Of course I reserve the right to be 100% incorrect.
    since every single place world wide that has mandated masks is seeing the same spike in cases. there is a likely hood that you are correct, but it seems that data and science dont matter anymore.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    A lot of the trouble areas have been in long term care/retirement home communities, meat processing plants, transportation etc.

You would think by now the gov't would have mandated better controls in these known high case areas, particularly those that are seeing the biggest death impacts. Just found out that another Long Term care facility has been hit, this time in Whitby.
    Seems employees are some of the ones bringing the virus into these facilities, and the regional health testing protocols are not adequate in my opinion (based on hearing about the senior living facility my wife works at).

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    A lot of the trouble areas have been in long term care/retirement home communities, meat processing plants, transportation etc.

You would think by now the gov't would have mandated better controls in these known high case areas, particularly those that are seeing the biggest death impacts. Just found out that another Long Term care facility has been hit, this time in Whitby.
    I have been in care homes and hospitals for work. Mandatory screening, mandatory masking. constant cleaning.

still spread.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    is that him not following guidelines or customers? people here have said lots of people in the city are not following guidelines so is that the fault of a business just trying to get by and not wanting to turn away business or end up with an altercation or is that teh customers for ignoring posted rules?

ive never been i cant say for sure, I know any places not following were usualy called out and vilified by the media, I heard nothing from Adamson until he re opened in protest. form teh media reports he was pissed about being screwed last time, then putting money into meeting guidelines and then getting screwed again.
    If he cannot maintain control on his premises then he should not be opening for onsite. His supporters appear to be anti-maskers and people who don't believe COVID is real (at least the ones in the front at the protests at his Etobicoke location) so maybe they are the ones who were not following guidelines onsite..