Loading...
Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  192
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 117

Thread: Adamson BBQ

  1. #101
    Club Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    6,861
    I don't know if she was given the chance to pay for that too. I know for the entertainment industry (and sports) they have requirements to stay in pods (ie. maybe the multiple different tents they setup are to keep bubbles intact), and they have to do regular testing within the bubbles to isolate any positive cases if they occur. This also means they have to hire people to administer the testing - another overhead cost.

    In theory, if she has invested in the necessary precautions and is willing to do contact tracing and follow mask/distancing guidelines then there should be some accommodation, although the risk is naturally higher because her tables are more likely to have people who are not in bubbles, and come together from disparate groups without masks versus a work team who is together on shifts and gets tested regularly. Problem is you get a few idiots like this Adamson's guy who spoils it for all the other business owners who are trying to comply with guidelines.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 12-06-2020 at 02:10 PM.

  2. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bayfeild
    Posts
    5,037
    Her and many other business owners complied with all the guidelines put down.

    They closed them anyway.

    Adam son protested because he was told to shut down dispite having complied with all other requirements.

    Are big box stores forced to test everyone? Or even ask for contact information? Are gas stations? Grocery stores? Beer stores?

    Sorry all I hear are BS justifications for BS policy created by BS politicians.

    Fuck science close everyone down except those who line our pockets?

  3. #103
    Admin ZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    55,275
    Easy to see it's a two tier enforcement kinda deal, how did sports because essential? Same for those in the know being able to freely travel across borders.
    Initial camera shots from outside suggest sticking to the rules was not high on the agenda there.
    As for the food itself, based on glowing reviews, bought a mega platter of assorted meats last Christmas, most definitely not my taste in BBQ, ate very little of it.

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bayfeild
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Easy to see it's a two tier enforcement kinda deal, how did sports because essential? Same for those in the know being able to freely travel across borders.
    Initial camera shots from outside suggest sticking to the rules was not high on the agenda there.
    As for the food itself, based on glowing reviews, bought a mega platter of assorted meats last Christmas, most definitely not my taste in BBQ, ate very little of it.
    I get that, but for everyone flaunting it id say there are at least hundreds that are following to a T. I don't agree with punishing everyone due to a handful of peoples actions. especially when they are selective on who it applies to.

  5. #105
    Admin ZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    55,275
    Numbers continue to be high suggesting not enough are taking any part of this seriously.

  6. #106
    nom nom nom RedSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    13,178
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Adam son protested because he was told to shut down dispite having complied with all other requirements.
    If you don’t include “having a business license”.
    -Don____________
    “I'm running out of crayons trying to explain it to them!”

  7. #107
    Member bluetoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,311
    The funny thing is back in the summer when masks were optional I chose to go without one. I was much more at ease then because people were afraid of me and they kept their distance from me. I had no issues with anyone brushing up against me or even reaching for stuff in front of me. Now that I am required to wear a mask everywhere I find people are convinced that there is no risk at all. They don't avoid each other, no one minds bumping into you or reaching in front of you. I honestly believe that mask wearing could possibly be causing more harm than good.

    Of course I reserve the right to be 100% incorrect.

  8. #108
    Club Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Her and many other business owners complied with all the guidelines put down.

    They closed them anyway.

    Adam son protested because he was told to shut down dispite having complied with all other requirements.

    Are big box stores forced to test everyone? Or even ask for contact information? Are gas stations? Grocery stores? Beer stores?

    Sorry all I hear are BS justifications for BS policy created by BS politicians.

    Fuck science close everyone down except those who line our pockets?
    He was not "shut down" since he was able to open for take-out (and sells take-out type food not high end steak dinners) just like the businesses around him who complained that he was affecting their take-out business with the anti-mask/COVID protesters.

    I believe eat-in restaurants were asked to do contact tracing even for outdoor patio diners when onsite dining was available. Restaurants are naturally higher risk than big box stores.

    In Bolton, I think I'm more at risk shopping in the mom & pop grocery store in Bolton than the Zehrs (Loblaws) store next to it or at Can Tire or even Walmart - small footprint, narrow aisles, etc. I've had more people invade "personal space" in this grocery than in any of the big box stores - maybe they're not doing a good job counting numbers coming/going even with line-ups outside but it gets busy and tight in there.

  9. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bayfeild
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    If you don’t include “having a business license”.
    had not heard anything about him not having a business license. Pre his protest were there reports of him not following regulations?

  10. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Numbers continue to be high suggesting not enough are taking any part of this seriously.
    A lot of the trouble areas have been in long term care/retirement home communities, meat processing plants, transportation etc.

    You would think by now the gov't would have mandated better controls in these known high case areas, particularly those that are seeing the biggest death impacts. Just found out that another Long Term care facility has been hit, this time in Whitby.
    "Roads? Where we're going you don't need roads"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service