Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  186
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Adamson BBQ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Completely agree with the FB post.. this is getting a little out of hand. It’s funny to me that a mask fixes everything. Was at Walmart the other day.. a complete shit show at the checkout.

I’m not saying the virus isn’t real... it’s just extremely exaggerated in all forms, IMO anyways.

Construction sites in the GTA never shutdown. Possibly the dirtiest washrooms/trailers in the city. Way too much tax money lost if construction shuts down.
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Construction sites in the GTA never shutdown.
    You mean in the recent lockdown? Or “ever”?
    Back in March all my sites shut down. Work dried up, and I got laid off.
    -Don____________

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    You mean in the recent lockdown? Or “ever”?
    Back in March all my sites shut down. Work dried up, and I got laid off.
    I'm guessing ever. I had 3 weeks off in late April and then back at it. Min 50-60 hrs a week and since sept I've been doing 6 days a week and 11 hr days.

I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself about this covid bs

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Completely agree with the FB post.. this is getting a little out of hand. It’s funny to me that a mask fixes everything. Was at Walmart the other day.. a complete shit show at the checkout.

I’m not saying the virus isn’t real... it’s just extremely exaggerated in all forms, IMO anyways.

Construction sites in the GTA never shutdown. Possibly the dirtiest washrooms/trailers in the city. Way too much tax money lost if construction shuts down.
    ...you continue to build your immune system & your not in a bubble

Club Supporter
    I think he's stupid and careless (health-wise) for continuing with the "protest/resistance" and should be held accountable for his actions. I get the first day protest/resistance - he would have gotten some leeway but pushing it past that another 2 days afterwards and then breaking through a wall, etc he's asked for what he got. I spoke with one of my employees yesterday who has purchased takeout at the Leaside and Etobicoke locations and said they were not enforcing mask usage inside, etc., and said he would never eat in the restaurant right now (only take-out) because of their practices. From the protesters at the Etobicoke location, they seem to have attracted all the sympathetic anti-masker/anti-distancing conspiracists to the cause.

He could have just opened for take-out after the Day 1 protest/resistance since his business model (casual food/BBQ) is well suited for that versus a Moxie's or Keg which is more suitable for dine-in business.

That said, I think this Conservative government could have been more surgical with the restrictions and allowed businesses to open where they have invested in and taken the precautions in accordance with the health guidelines versus closing all down, and picking winners and losers without additional qualifications - some business owners follow the guidelines and some don't.

I think this guy appears to fall into the latter. I purchased take-out or done beer pick-ups at Toronto locations with patios and every time they had picnic sized tables packed with 6 unmasked people who clearly did not live at the same household - so there are a lot of people who are not following guidelines to curb transmission and the businesses that allow this.

If anything, that FB post is the reason governments take harsh one-size fit all measures because they have to make it fit the lowest common denominators like the person in the cereal aisle talking on the phone (probably also same person protesting without mask and hugging other protesters outside Adamsons BBQ).

The GoFundMe page has racked up decent dollars - too bad he didn't protest in a way that the money donated could have actually been used to help people in need versus someone knowingly racking up 6-figure fines/legal fees.

All I will say is anyone saying he got what he deserved better also be calling for the the organizers of the BLM protests back when everything was shut down, to also be fined.

The biggest problem for me isn’t that he got shut down and fined. But more the un even way they are enforcing things.

Taking someone’s lively hood has to be justified. IMO this no longer meets those requirements

^ Agreed.

Saw this on Facebook and it's 100% true.

I honestly haven’t had that much of an opinion since this whole Covid thing started, *nobody is allowed to have an opinion now a days anyways* but I honestly can’t comprehend how we are living right now. After today and yesterday. Here’s a rant.
    I go to the mall yesterday. Rideau to be exact. Obviously the parking lot is pretty full. That didn’t scare me. Neither did the hundreds of people walking down the hallways, or the tens of twenty’s of people standing shoulder to shoulder in lines for each store *yeah sorry can you not see that your rubbing up against my purse? Can you move back? Thanks.* . What bothered me was walking into the food court. You’d think that their eating areas * like the restaurant I work in* would have basic restrictions. Nope. None. About a hundred or more people walking around, sitting, eating, talking, all without a mask on. Where are their fines? Where are the restrictions? Why is this okay? Why is nobody doing anything?
    Today, I go to work. I wasn’t allowed to serve a 5 person family that all live in THE SAME HOUSE at the same table because of these *restrictions*. They shit and sleep in the same house but they aren’t allowed to sit and eat dinner together in a restaurant because noooo, can’t have more then 4 people at a table.
    Why the fuck are these large establishments not being penalized when others are. Why are golf courses and venues closed but HIGH TRAFFIC SHOPPING AREAS aren’t. It’s just not fair. I can go to the mall and talk to 2000 UNSUPERVISED strangers but I can’t have a private gathering of more than Ten people in a SUPERVISED establishment. That makes SO MUCH FUCKING SENSE.
    I can go to Walmart, IKEA, or Costco, and be shoulder to shoulder in line with hundreds of people, but I can’t invite my closest friends and family to be a part of my wedding.
    Maybe I should just get married Infront of the fuckkng apple store in rideau. They probably wouldn’t even notice my 100 guests .
    Or maybe I can get married in ikea. Let’s set up the entire living room section and I’m sure we will be fine right! Nobody will notice!
    Something is seriously wrong with our system and I am getting SO FUCKING SICK OF IT.
    Fuck.
    This.
    Shit.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Saw this on Facebook and it's 100% true.
    This whole Covid thing has shown people's true colors. People I used to respect have shown that they're spineless, and afraid to speak their minds. Or they've readily given up their rights and have gone along with the herd mentality without any sort of critical thought.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    This whole Covid thing has shown people's true colors. People I used to respect have shown that they're spineless, and afraid to speak their minds. Or they've readily given up their rights and have gone along with the herd mentality without any sort of critical thought.
    Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks